HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:24:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55725 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »

Oh man...it's gonna take a couple of weeks for me to forget the line "all the boys talk like girls"....because that is kinda true! .lol  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »

How cool was that supersonic punch?!?  Special FX are well done on Flash's abilities.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 12:31:59 PM »

How cool was that supersonic punch?!?  Special FX are well done on Flash's abilities.

I will give the CW this, they did a good ... very good job of allowing money for special effects. One of the true bright spots on this show.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »

Ha! Cool! Flash v Arrow part 1

AND they bring in the woman who has Ollie's kid?! WOW. Firestorm's first appearance! So cool! So fun! I has hoping Rainbow Raider might do some other stuff, but REALLY looking forward to Boomerang now

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »

This show; I say let it go as big and as huge as it can! Costumes! characters! super-hero stuff galore! Let~it~RUN!!!!

Mid-season finale was terrific. Love Grant Gustin. Unfortunately, again, the main lady-Iris-is the weakest character of the bunch. Acting, she's fine. But her love-glazed starlet worshiper angle for the Flash is weak, hollow, silly. Her <character> inability to see Barry as he feels for her is rather poor.

()however...I cut some slack for that. It mirrors a chapter of my life where my leading lady simply did not recognize my feelings or what I did for her as anything romantic at all. It's heart-breaking, and Grant did fantastic with it.

I read one review that really noted that the Zoom, 'the man in the yellow suit', truly brings an aspect of terror to the show. He is powerful; nigh, unstoppable. He is a truly palpable threat that seemingly cannot be countered, and it's an edge to a show that has not pushed towards that quite yet.

And tha's true! The danger of Zoom was really felt, and quite well!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »

Did you read yesterday where Mark Hamill is going to be on the show as the Trickster?  Just like he was on the old John Wesley Shipp Flash series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 05:26:16 AM »

Did you read yesterday where Mark Hamill is going to be on the show as the Trickster?  Just like he was on the old John Wesley Shipp Flash series.

Yup! I love an old versus new Trickster. Very Johnsian. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »

So I was bored as I don't know what yesterday (First Christmas without kids in the house so most of what I use to do in preparation I no longer do) so I decided to sit down and hit up the CW site and watch the rest of the Flash episodes I missed. Still think this show is better than Arrow, but I still just struggle with some of the reactions and dialog between these "adults" with their "I'm not talking to you" attitude or "I've known you forever but now this one thing that we will not discuss is going to kill our relationship" drama is crazy on this show. But ... I wanted some Flash damn it, so I fought through that (Plus, it's a lot easier when I don't have to fast-forward through the commercials. I am literally putting forth no further effort to watch this show than clicking play, so the struggle is lessened)
 Grin

Ha! Cool! Flash v Arrow part 1

AND they bring in the woman who has Ollie's kid?! WOW. Firestorm's first appearance! So cool! So fun! I has hoping Rainbow Raider might do some other stuff, but REALLY looking forward to Boomerang now

Well I didn't see part two, as I only watched this Flash episode, but yeah,
loved me some Firestorm. The effects when he flew away were very well done. Pretty good episode

Mid-season finale was terrific.

It truly was. A fantastic episode with great action, showcasing
the threat that is "Who is that guy in the yellow suit?" and the installment of the "wait a minute" ... the part where they realize that due to the color of lightening, that there were two guys there when Barry's mom was killed. Nice way to bring more "OOOhhhh" to the show.
Smiley

The danger of Zoom was really felt, and quite well!

Yep, just can't agree with you enough here.  Smiley
The voice, the look, the way he beat the living hell out of ... himself? Maybe? Maybe not? Just great. Everything about him that makes him dangerous or at the least foreboding was highlighted very well. Really enjoyed it

And saved the first comment in your post for last as it sums it up perfectly ...

This show; I say let it go as big and as huge as it can! Costumes! characters! super-hero stuff galore! Let~it~RUN!!!!

YEP !!!!
 Cool

(To express how much I loved this episode, I may even add this show back on my list.  Shocked Will need you to remind me when it starts, Jimmy  Wink)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »

Will do Perry!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 11:33:15 PM »

Will do Perry!

Cool Thank ya

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »

Was able to set the DVR to record the new episodes, Jimmy. No help needed (but maybe just a reminder to make sure ... maybe ...  Grin)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »

We got 2 weeks yet. LIke, exactly 2 weeks yet.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 05:11:05 AM »

Still catching up and finished part one of the Arrow crossover earlier tonight.  Well dang if that didn't get me interested in Arrow again.  I had only made it through the pilot and part of the 2nd episode.  Now I'm through episode 4.  I see more binge watching in my future.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 01:38:27 PM »

Hey mister!!! You keep that darn Arrow talk out of this here Flash thread !!!

Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 05:55:01 PM »

And Golden Globe winner The Flash is fully renewed for Season 2 !!!! Wahooo!!!!

Talks of a yearly Arrow/Flash crossover have surfaced; how cool is that?!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS