HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:25:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55731 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:41 AM »

Yup; new thread. Just watched the first Episode.

REALLY liked it! Have a good feeling from what I just watched, and I look forward to more! Go big super hero super science tv show! Here goes nothing! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:09:30 AM »

Shocked

How did I miss this?  What day?!  What time?!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:12:05 AM »

Oh whew!  My DVR got it tonight.  I'll watch it tomorrow and report back.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:04:29 AM »

Yeah Jeff, they played it 2 nights this week! Good thing too; my dvr tried recording a Flash ep on a broadcast that my dish doesn't pick up!! Woulda been SO PISSED.

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 06:22:19 AM »

That first episode was fantastic!

So many nods to the DCU......Grodd, Ferris Aircraft, Reverse Flash!!!!!!......I just.......gahhhhhhhh......so awesome!!!!!

And the old TV Flash plays the Flash's dad.......and Arrow shows up.....so much good stuff!!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 04:36:04 PM »

Better than Arrow so far for me as it is being a tad less "CW", but that "CW" style is still there at its base so I am not sure how long I will be able to stay. Gonna hang for as long as I can because I am hoping they go a little less "pretty people with pretty problems" here and avoid being just another CW teenage "sexy" show. I am sure it will still play-out like a regular CW type, but I have hopes.  Grin Plus, I like the rouges more than any GA villain so seeing them will be a treat.

Oh ... and .... ZOOM!!!!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:55:09 AM »

This is so much better than Arrow. Sorry Jimbo, I know you like you some Arrow, but this show is just ... better  Tongue Grin

I, having such a lack of DC knowledge, had no idea who the main antagonist was in this last episode, but it mattered not. Enjoyed this perhaps even more due to my lack of awareness. Can't wait for the other peeps we know are coming to arrive.
!!!!

While I am starting to dread watching GOTHAM, sadly (and I hope that soon changes) and Agents is really up and down (the last episode, three, was a tad better than episode two), it's nice to have a comic show I look forward to.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »

This is so much better than Arrow. Sorry Jimbo, I know you like you some Arrow, but this show is just ... better  Tongue Grin

I just love a real comic booky show, too! Geoff Johns even said in a recent interview, that 'The Flash' is going to be the closest to a comic book as any show out there. And I applaud it. I understand why they didn't go that route with Arrow, but with how Seasons 9 and 10 of Smallville showing how fun lotsa comic stuff can be, I think the Arrow will continue to amp up all their comic connections.

And yes Perry, choices may vary. I'm just glad the Flash is awesome so far!

While I am starting to dread watching GOTHAM, sadly (and I hope that soon changes) and Agents is really up and down (the last episode, three, was a tad better than episode two), it's nice to have a comic show I look forward to.

I got a Bat-friend who REALLY enjoys Gotham, and I feel like he's just phoning in that appraisal. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 03:16:20 AM »

I just got around to watching the first ep today and IT WAS AWESOME!  really looking forward to more!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 11:47:49 AM »

Well it was fun while it lasted.

I kinda started to lose my love for this with the previous episode, but this last one ... and
the fact that Arrow and Flash will soon be crossing over ...
just about killed the show. What started out good is now diving further into the typical CW type of style. I am not sure it wasn't there the entire time, but I certainly see/feel it now.

Hope this turns .... well, I hope I turn around because it was "cool" seeing what they did to a certain villain a couple episodes ago but the Cisco drama stuff was horrible and this last episode didn't "blow me away" by any means.

Kinda worried now.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »

No, the Plastique ep wasn't that good. Cisco is a REALLY weak character. I just want to see more of Joe West, if anything.

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 02:58:38 AM »

I'm more forgiving than most.  Grin

Nevermind the bad episode, which even happens to great shows......but, how cool was it when he ran up the side of the building?  I love how they slow down the Flash's speed!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 04:43:17 AM »

OH there's no doubt here; I'm still really enjoying this show. Loving it, even!

I realize when TV is not-so-great, and I can excuse many things, except for those tiny, personal things that stick in my craw (gun violence & wounds, 1-handed catching holding people off of ledges, "magic" computers that solve all of TV heroes problems). As for Flash, I'm not finding them as much, or I'm allowing myself to not see them because there is so much other stuff I enjoy. Cheesy

(but magic computer stuff on this show irritates me as well....but it's WAY worse on Arrow).

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »

The kiddo and I caught up to the Captain Cold episode yesterday.  I'm glad she loves this show even though she just wants to see kissing.  I love it because it's great. Smiley

I'm only behind one episode but even a bad episode won't kill it for me yet.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »

Jeez, guys,

Grin Cheesy

It's not like I said "Well that episode sucked. I'M OUTTA HERE !!"

Grin Cheesy

I can just see that this show, on the CW, is heading towards being just like every other show on the CW and I just can not watch shows like that.

Look, I can watch old cheezy ass movies, read old super-cheezy ass pulp books and can enjoy some older comics but I can separate that knowing that was how they spoke/wrote/produced dialog back then, but we don't live in the 1950's any longer so when shows are scripted as horribly, to me, as the shows on the CW are (Smart people or police in particular doing absolutely STUPID ass things and talking to each other in a manner that is so saccharine sweet that it would make Christ gag or so painstakingly cute/sexy that even my 8 year old grand-son says that " ... all the boys on this show talk like they are girls" ( Grin true story), then yes, I struggle watching the show.

Now, again, I read a shit ton of pulp books (Doc Savage, Spider, the Shadow) so I know far too well how dialog can be dated and hard to relate to or even stomach, so for anyone that enjoys the shows on the CW I do not in anyway condemn them personally as I am well aware some of the books/movies I watch would make most everyone here eye's roll  Grin, but just wanted to clarify my position as one that is just not dropping the show ... that I gave a full, dedicated chance to ... for just having a bad episode or two. Even when that is I what I used as one of the decided factors in my decision to stop watching this show.
 Wink

Now, with all being said  Grin ... enjoy this show guys !! It deserves an audience for sure, I just can't be a part of it.
 Smiley Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS