HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:41:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 43437 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 05:56:05 AM »

Perry....

I'm betting the super lazy 'Oh Oliver's just alive now' really hit ya. I, too, NEEDED a bit more than the nothing of he was nursed back to health. The cold helped keep him going? What?! Cold slows the heart and metabolism, especially with a person bleeding to death!! Yeah, that part irked me. I wanted a magic herb, soul powered katana, her life for his; something!

Or, was it the new Canary? Was that alley fight just not...not? Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »

Actually, Jimmy

You nailed it. I really struggled with the aspect of his death, then the fight scene early on but what really killed it was the talk between Roy (Red Arrow/Arsenal?) and Canary (part 2). Was just not a good discussion  Wink

But again, I got pulled back to try and even though it didn't work this time, I will give it another go again next year Smiley

(I bet if Guggenhiem were gone I would enjoy this show more)
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 03:28:20 PM »

It's still hard, even for me as a fan of the show, to completely buy Laurel's transformation. At least Berlanti, in his interviews, states that she will keep growing and failing as a developing hero. Ollie had the island. Dig is an Iraqi veteran. Roy grew up on the streets and had training with Ollie. But Laurel? While she's been busy training this season, she got her butt handed to her plenty of times this ep.

Her indignation is true, but like you said on Flash, its probably over driven by over-acting and over-directing. Then again, with so many characters, plot lines, and settings on these shows, they have to move out of a spectrum of developing emotions towards an outlier point of feeling to make the point.

Wasn't a hugely strong ep either, but Dig and Roy and Felicity are doing awesomely with their spotlight. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »

True and all that being said ... let me know if you know of another DC character that will be popping up in the show, even after the show has aired (On-Demand works fine!  Wink) as I still want to see how they work them.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2015, 04:46:12 PM »

I'm looking forward to the day when Brandon Routh dons an Atom costume!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Oh yeah, that does sound intriguing.

Hopefully he will cross-over to the Flash!  Cheesy Wink I want him over there !!!  Cheesy In the DC/CW show I do watch  Cheesy

Though I am extremely excited that Firestorm will eventually be (more) involved

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »

I know that Ray Palmer and Felicity will cross over into Flash again later this season to get more Star Labs help with developing the chip for Ray's white dwarf star tech.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 05:37:14 PM »

Sweet!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »

So...there's this...

Brandon Routh in full Atom gear!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 04:40:40 AM »

So, this ep on February 4th...

I just loved it. Grin

I love a bunch of the cheesiness to it; because it's almost part of the mythology!

I love the heartache too; characters just have to push it to make it dramatic!

I love the secrets; everyone has them, and they will hurt!

I love the heightened tension; I like that I am still kept guessing all the time!

Merlyn's history was great to see explored, because, well, John Barrowman is DA MAN on this show! Just fantastic. He's the gravitas to this show that Joe West (Jesse...something...d'oh! can't remember) is on FLASH.

Roy has had such a growing up part on these last 4 eps. I love seeing him kick more ass, I dig that he has a bigger presence and voice on the team, and I hope his pure sidekickiness is more behind him, especially with Laurel rocking the Black Canary action.

And Ollie....well, he's a bitchin' presence as <Green> Arrow. Give me more!

I know that the 'cops are powerless to get into Brick's territory in the Glades' is super hokey...but it's ENTIRELY what happens in comics all the time!! Can you say 'Shadowland?' Or, 'Spider-Island?' Or AIM Island? Or No Man's Land? It's SO a comicbook thing!! har har!

Did I still want a far better explanation for Ollie's resurrection? YES. HELL YES. His 'death' was such a stunner, that his return was nearly a non-event. It was just gonna happen. It just needed a bigger kick than it got.

And seeing someone like Cin come back and make a huge impact on Det. Lance? OH that's gonna be fun to see play out! Merlyn training Ollie? Looking forward to it! Thea seeing Arrow make his speech? She totally knows that it's Ollie! BUT she couldn't say anything on Ollie's return since Merlyn was in the room, and she still thinks that he doesn't know!!! Oh what tangled webs!!

Still; will Roy get an ep to do something in forgiveness for the cop he killed? What's gonna happen when Sarah's truth comes out? Her murderer and her death? What brings the Atom into all of this? (3 weeks until that!!!)

Such fun stuff; I'm LOVING the hell outta this show. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 10:35:46 AM »

I'm still a little behind on this season but that Atom costume looks awesome!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »

So...there's this...

Brandon Routh in full Atom gear!!!

Hmmmm, I do like it mostly. I like the look of the silver pieces that look like springs or wound metal rope as they resemble some sort of hydraulic arms (good for a costume that changes sizes ... moves) and I like how they got the "A" in there without making it look too Captain America like, but ...
Why is the helmet shaped like he is Hector Hammond? (just a trick of the light I hope)
Why the half-visor? (Worried about contagion? Should you cover the entire face?)
And my main question, do sub-atomic particles have a habit of attacking the crotch region? Is that why the extra padding is there? Is the Higgs Boson just going around grabbing junk?
 Wink Grin Cheesy

And I hope they get rid of the screws on that pad covering the biceps, I think that would be better served as a pocket or a pouch and not just a screwed on piece of ... something. But maybe they have plans for those and they don't really bother me at all, really.

Overall a very nice design.  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »

Sooo

Future episode SPOILERS ... MAYBE???

Just heard a podcast from a guy I trust that the shows powers that be are thinking about, again, THINKING about ...
Making "Diggle" John Diggle's middle-name and not his last. Not sure how they will work this as who would name their kid Diggle? I think Diggle works best as a nick-name instead of a middle-name but anyway, they are thinking about changing his last name.

Now the more Spoilery part of this possible future Spoiler ... please don't read if you don't want to be spoiled ... 
The reason for them taking "Diggle" from this guys last name is they are thinking about changing it to Stewart. Yeah, as in JOHN STEWART!!!!!

Now this may not happen and probably won't, but I do see the reasoning behind the move and the potential for it as again, more future Spoilery ...
I think they like the actor and want to include him in the future with a bigger role and, let's be honest, the guy does look like the guy he may end up portraying
But hey, I do trust this "report" to be true, even if they don't end up doing it. So, if you did look, what do you think? Keeping it spoiler free for now please.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »

So..um.....yeah Perry, I read. Cheesy

I think it would be a bit of a shame. Dig has become something very special as himself. Sure his background lines up (Except the engineering part), and he could say he always took his mother's name because he didn't like his father's (father left, bad person, etc etc).

But I'd hate to lose Diggle. Heck, so popular they put him in the comics! Considering GA's rather lean supporting team and supporting characters, I'd rather hate to lose this guy to another role.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »

I couldn't help but peek.  I can see it but I'd rather they not do it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS