HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:44:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 43443 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 08, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

And it's here! Hoo boy, gotta go watch!!  : Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:05:04 AM »

and...I really enjoyed it! Really liked it alot. Really just like watching where this show keeps going. So glad this show is going and going and well, going!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »

What did you think of the surprise?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:46:28 AM »

I was hit pretty hard by it. I thought "no way! Really?!" Holy crap!! But...based on stuff said between seasons, they said that this was going to be the season for Laurel's growth...which means...she becomes Canary. Hell, the fore-shortened spot of her holding her sister, with the mask in foreground? She takes that, I'm guessing, and wants vengeance and trains for it.

Really looking forward to what happens when Thea reappears.

It's weird, but I found myself missing some of the real apparent physicality of the series. Like, when Oliver was jumping/running all through Hong Kong? That was pure Amell, and I loved it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »

Dealing with
Sara's death was great. Felicity, much like Chloe, is allowed the greatest range of a character on a show, being that she has no fate she must meet as a comic character, and she is an amazing actress. Dealing with her raw emotions with Ray (Brandon Routh) Palmer at the elevator, or snapping back at Oliver was great.

Diggle continues to be able to grow beyond his role as well, and any time he speaks, I believe in his character's experience and work he has done before ever meeting Oliver.

Amell owns the role, and I have to come really enjoy his Oliver, and they are finally letting him be less wooden and <Batman>stalwart.

And Vinnie Jones will be coming aboard as Brick! Fun stuff!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »

I know this is all a re-imagining (much like the New 52), and although it is borrowing from other Rogue galleries, I've enjoyed the twist and change to bring in more weapons based villains into the (Green) Arrow fold.

Making Deathstroke a huge adversary of GA seems a simple moment of brilliance to me. Having Huntress around, Bronze Tiger, Deadshot, and now Captain Boomerang lend a rather interesting flair of the armed rogue being the type of villain that a master archer would face.

That, and I rather like the image of Deathstroke facing off against the Emerald Archer instead of chasing teenagers down.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:51 PM »

Would have liked to have see Cap Boomerang
 Undecided
Wish that was in season one.
 Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 04:12:40 AM »

Boomerang was a BAMF!!!! He was so cool in presentation! I TOTALLY believed that a dude with razor- and exploding-boomerangs could own a group by himself! Ha!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 05:21:39 AM »

I may seriously have liked this mid-season finale BEST OF ALL.

I enjoy watching this mythos so much.

I know I get rather stringent on Superman mythos, and I like taking the different wrinkles of the Batman mythos, but man, I seriously love the many Green Arrows I've seen in the last few years for sure!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:27 AM »

Looks like I'm going to give this another try.  After watching part 1 of the cross over with Flash, I found myself interested in Arrow again.

I went out to Netflix and I'm through the first four episodes of Season 1.  Definitely liked Deadshot.  I see how it plays like the new 52 run of Green Arrow.  It's getting better with each episode so I'm going to keep going.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »

*shiver*

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:48 PM »

Just love it Jeff. Give in to your pleasure and ride that wave.  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 05:54:19 PM »

And fully renewed for Season 4!!!! Wahoo!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »

Still on Season 1.

Ok - I got hooked at episode 7.  I'm up to episoed 13.  LOVE Count Vertigo.  I hope he comes back.  Captain Jack Harness (John Barrymore) as Merlyn?

I can do without the usual CW ramance drivel but yeah - I'm loving this show now.

Sorry Perry!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT:  Although they've got to get Deathstroke a better mask.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:30:30 PM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS