HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:51:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Copperhead thread  (Read 18842 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: October 08, 2014, 02:30:40 AM »

I wish I can give you the lowdown.  I wish I could give you a straight answer.

Thing is after issue 1, I'm not ready yet.

There's set up and hints of world building to come.  Characters are being introduced to us and each other.

I however CAN tell you the art is damn good and the coloring is fantastic.

I can also tell you something special is bubbling here.  Some serious world building is about to occur, just not so much in this first issue.  It stays inviting to a new reader instead of hitting one over the head with a ton of explanation, which I appreciate.  I want to be hooked on the characters before the world - something lots of science fiction and fantasy get wrong, IMHO.

I'm just not at a point I can give a firm thumbs up.

There is enough here to give issue 2 a shot, I can say that.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »

Sweet. Thanks, Tok. I will keep my eye out for your thoughts on that issue

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »

Finally got around to reading issue 1 yesterday.  I liked it.  Definitely enough to make me want to read issue 2.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 12:03:55 AM »

I just finished issue 2.

I don't know whether to say:

"Dang it! After getting my pull down I'm adding another title."

Or

"Woo Hoo!  I'm adding Copperhead back to my pull list!"

I'm going with Woo Hoo!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 01:06:23 AM »

Up to issue 4 with 5 coming out this week - the book has yet to disappoint me. 

It's a slow burn in major revelations, but the small revelations in-between keeps me glued.  Good book.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »

I agree Tok - I am enjoying it too.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »

Hearing this is a great one. Can't wait !!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 12:31:57 AM »

So what happened to this book?  Nothing since issue 10?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 05:32:16 AM »

Okay, I was wondering the same thing. I bought the first trade, saw a few issues more, then solicits just seemed to have ...stopped.

EDIT

So there's this from the writer:

https://twitter.com/JayFaerber/status/684838720537624576
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:35:00 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but yeah, I talked (via twitter) with artist Scott Godlewski back in November of last year -

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 05:28:53 PM »

Well that is good news!  I was worried.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »

I still need the second (digital) trade.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 03:57:04 PM »

Angry Angry Angry

Just went through the October Solicits for Image and still don't see this title's return. Starting to worry now.

Also, on a side note, I see a lot of Image titles have now raised their price to the $3.99 standard now, after saying with $3.50 for so long. This may have happened already, but seeing them all lined up like that, it hit me more. That is not to say that ALL Image titles are that price, but a good part of what I read at least.
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 06:58:11 PM »

Angry Angry Angry

Just went through the October Solicits for Image and still don't see this title's return. Starting to worry now.

Also, on a side note, I see a lot of Image titles have now raised their price to the $3.99 standard now, after saying with $3.50 for so long. This may have happened already, but seeing them all lined up like that, it hit me more. That is not to say that ALL Image titles are that price, but a good part of what I read at least.
 Undecided

Hopefully they will still drop to $1.99 on ComiXology.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 01:41:14 PM »

YAY !!!!!!!
It returns !!!

Issue #11 will drop in March

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS