HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:34:07 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superior Iron Man  (Read 7672 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 02, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »

So after the AXIS event, it looks like Tony will go the Superior route as well. Now I am not sure if Tony will just be more of an ass or if there will be another person inside of Tony (IE: Doc Oc in Peter for Superior Spider-Man), but with the idea of AXIS being, from what I garner, the evil guys switching bodies with the non-evil guys, I am assuming (we all know what that can get ya) that it will be an evil guy 'inside the suit', as it were.

Soooo, who is the guy in the mask for Superior Iron Man?

Red Skull? Kinda the main evil guy here in Remender's AXIS and Uncanny Avengers
Mandarin? Tony's most recognizable baddie
Madam Masque? Always a good time when the two masked lovers get together, so what better way to get together?  Cheesy
Blizzard? Living Laser? Whiplash? Spymaster? Tony himself and the bad guy switch is not the thing?

What say you guys. Who will be Tony?

Edit - Not that I am going to buy this. I have no interest in Iron Man anymore. Fraction was perfection during his run, however. Everyone should read that !!!!

Fraction's Iron Man: A "Perry Recommended Comic" or PRC if you will
Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:29:29 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »

It would have to be someone smart enough to keep the suits running.  Bruce Banner?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 03:06:13 AM »

Well, from the interviews read, something during Axis causes Tony to 'unlearn what he has learned' is the gist I got out of it. So, he'll become a bit of the playboy egomaniac without the heart of gold that he was before the original bomb put shrapnel in his chest.

And besides; Tony is his own worst villain.  Cool

I'm...curious about this. Tom Taylor (Earth-2) is writing this, so maybe? As long as it's not Kieron Gillen. Reading his stuff online, and I don't fall under the 'Impressed' category with it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 02:54:39 PM »

what Jimmy said...it is Tony (no mind or body switch) returned to his Ego driven roots.  its got to be better than Gillen which has been lack luster and a bit convoluted for no particular reason.  He also missed a great chance to tie his Recorder story into a past storyline which would have added additional validity to his outlandish story.  There was a run in IM in the late 70s early 80s where a Recorder was hanging with tony (and Jack of Hearts) for an extended time...could have easily linked those stories with a slight mention just to prove the depth of this Recorders ambitions and tracking/manipulating of Tony's activities.

I'm a complete IM sucker as he is one of the 1st characters i followed not a fan of the Tony bashing and deconstruction that he's been subjected to since Civil War (he was right Smiley ).  I prefer my Tony as a good guy, not the root of all evil or a scapegoat for bad storytelling decisions.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:33:54 PM »

And besides; Tony is his own worst villain.  Cool

Agred!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »

Ahhhh, thanks for setting me straight, guys.

And Wringer, Tony was right ... but also wrong.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »

right concept poor execution
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

I go along with "Tony is his own worst enemy" line of thinking.

However, going along with this body switching stuff for fun...

Maybe Howard Stark's "real" son?  Is that still a thing they're sticking to?  I'm only going by what little I've heard about this current IM story, I haven't read it so I might be way off.

Last time we saw Justin Hammer he was "dead."  Frozen in a block of ice somewhere in space.  Before being frozen he was dying from some fatal disease.  Perhaps Hammer Industries saved his mind to place in Stark's body.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »

right concept poor execution

Wink Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

Maybe Howard Stark's "real" son? 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole thing. Space son or ... ??

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS