HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:04:48 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Krypton  (Read 7477 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 02, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »

Okay, Jimmy, I'm about to take a huge plunge in the next few days. I have now the first 35 (37) issues of the massive New Krypton/World of Supermen/World Without Superman/War of the Supermen storyline ... ya know, the green labeled ones  Grin. I am about to open the first issue (that I was told ties into it, even though it doesn't have the green Superman shield on the cover) - SUPERMAN'S PAL: JIMMY OLSEN One shot and then over the next few days (hopefully) I will work my way through all the tie-in issues (Superman, Action Comics, Supergirl) and end with the SUPERMAN ANNUAL 14 (which I guess is the bookend of the first major arc as it also doesn't have a green shield)

I am about to read more Superman than I have ever read in one sitting and then keep going until I am through this. I am both excited and scared. I may not make it out of this, but if I do, I want to talk about it. So get your typing fingers ready, there Pal
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »

Ready and willing Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »

Okay, up to part 3 of this New Krypton story and in Superman #681 Mr Terrific talks to Superman about last time it was only "27 of you" and aks why they should not be worried about it being 100,000? Superman tells him that was Zod and his men.
Was that also a cross-title story arc or did that take place in just one of the Superman titles, Jimbo? And if it was just one, do you know which one? Or at least what the arc was called?

Kinda wanting to read that before I get too deep in this, even if I am at part 5 now, if it is going to be brought up as a point of interest like that.

(But nice seeing a Flamebird and Nightwing in this last issue)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:14 PM »

Mr. Terrific is referring to the Geoff Johns/Richard Donner story (art by...Adam Kubert) called "Last Son of Krypton." Zod and his men got loose and well, took over all of earth. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:43 PM »

Okay, so that was Action Comics ... and Only Action Comics?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:57:57 AM »

Correct.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »

Cool
EDIT - Does any part of that story come into play with this new krypton stuff?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:00:09 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:28:25 AM »

Oh no! Don't even worry about it! I don't even think its mentioned that Clark and Lois adopted a son from the Phantom Zone that turned out to be Zod's son. The child got sucked back up into the Zone with all the other Kryptonians, but I don't believe he is ever mentioned for that mega story of 'New Krypton.'

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:32 AM »

Oh no! Don't even worry about it! I don't even think its mentioned that Clark and Lois adopted a son from the Phantom Zone that turned out to be Zod's son. The child got sucked back up into the Zone with all the other Kryptonians, but I don't believe he is ever mentioned for that mega story of 'New Krypton.'

Undecided Undecided Undecided Embarrassed Embarrassed

Damn dude .... spoilers.

I can see I'm not gonna be talking too much about this until I know it first
 Tongue

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 04:16:32 AM »

Ah...sorry? It was from an older story? That wasn't the greatest? ..sorry..

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »

Ah...sorry? It was from an older story? That wasn't the greatest? ..sorry..

Yeah, but I still plan on reading it, man and it only takes a second to mark it spoilers.  Tongue I know the general one year rule has long since passed, but still, even a simple "no" would have sufficed. You know I haven't read a lot of Superman (to say the least) and it would have been nice for me to explore that story if I got into him more after reading this current massive arc.

Not mad but, still, you deserve this (the dreaded triple tongue)  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS