HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:48:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rise of the Tomb Raider is a X Bone 2015 exclusive.....booo  (Read 5161 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: August 12, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »

The sequel to last years Tomb Raider is only coming out on X Bone.

Well this sucks.  I enjoyed the last one too.  My thinking is it will come out on PS4, but a year later.

At least PS4 owners have Uncharted 4 to look forward to exclusively, and it's more than likely 10 times better.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »

That does suck major ... joystick!!!

Still have yet to load the last Tomb Raider in the PS4 (one of the two games I got with my PS4) as I am busting into RAYMON: LEGENDS (Funny as hell game and obviously the other game I got  Grin), but as soon as I play another few levels/days worth of this, I am sure I will go straight to diving into Laura's world again. Love the series as a whole, and thought the last game for PS3 (not this one they also "revamped" for the PS$, but the one prior) really bought the franchise the second chance it needed, and with this one, the current one, getting such praise on BOTH PS3 and PS4, she seems to truly be back.

Sucks we have to wait ... a year you say? ... but I am sure it will be here soon. And like you said, we still have Uncharted. My personal favorite. A game that ... well, all you have to do is look at my past purchases to know that I enjoy almost as much as life itself  Grin. When a series is deserving of my old, non-playing ass and I buy every single game available to me, you know it is worthy of a look.
UNCHARTED (LAST OF US)
RATCHET & CLANK
TOMB RAIDER
BATMAN (ARKHAM)
DEAD SPACE (I couldn't get past an hour or so, due to meds and it scaring the shit outta me  Cheesy ... and still bought #2 !!!)
Are all games I will follow and follow regardless. BIOSHOCK as well ... kinda (the first two games anyway) ... but I seem to be going away from FPS type and feel more at ease with third person now ... even though I want to try FAR CRY, I just don't know if it will hit for me due to that FPS thing)

That said, looking forward to trying the following games once they hit:
UNCHARTED 4 (DUH!!!  Grin)
BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT
RATCHET & CLANK  Wink
ENEMY WITHIN
THE ORDER: 1886
And thinking about
FAR CRY 4 ?
BLOODBORNE ?
If I can over my FPS dread I seem to have picked up. Maybe I am just too old now and I like to see more around me haha
Kinda wanna try that new WOLFENSTEIN game because I remember playing the very first one on my old PC I had. Loved killing monster Nazis!!!!!

Wow, sorry for going off on a tangent here.

HAHA
Yes, it sucks we have to wait for Tomb Raider!!!
 Angry

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 08:09:05 PM »

Just sent to Crystal Dynamics (Maker of Tomb Raider) -

Perry  ‏@Ptsteelers
@CrystalDynamics Disappointing news that you guys have left me and my PS4. I was always loyal to you, always. Sad you are not loyal in return

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »

Further explained by Xbox head at Gamescom.....

Because the exclusivity is timed and Microsoft does not own the IP, Rise of the Tomb Raider could possibly release on other platforms in the future.

Sounds good to me!  Cool

krono0666
HR Vigilante

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 01:57:00 AM »

Perry...

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend you go with your gut and pick up WOLFENSTEIN.  It's a great game especially since it's just a single player experience.  No multiplayer to muck up the experience.  The storie is really interesting and the graphics (especially on the next gen systems) look amazing.  The shooting is solid and the weapons are satisfying.  The only "complaint" I had of the game is that you have manually press a button to pick up items on the ground as oppose to it automatically getting picked up when you walk over the item.  It can cause some irratating moments as you're in the middle of fire fight and you're trying to pick up ammo.  Other than that, I love the game.

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 04:00:42 AM »

I was actually thinking about getting that right after Christmas and right before February when The Order 1868(? ... I can never remember what year ... hahaha.... 1886?) drops but now I have heard it may hit the Playstation Plus free game list in  March or so, maybe, so I may hold off. Plus, the longer I wait the cheaper it will be at least.
 Cheesy

I just got that Justice League fight game they had this month for PlayStation Plus and next month is InFamous ... 3? Not the first one or Second Son, but the other one ... so I could see it hitting there soon. Of course I would also be happy with Marvel Lego for free as I realize I didn't even finish 25% of that game before I sold my PS3 for my PS4
 Angry

Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS