HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:36:29 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MULTIVERSITY  (Read 16241 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 03:18:53 AM »

I dug issue #1. Pure Grant Morrison insanity. I love his meta-textual DC universe.

Now if all the other books would fall in line. Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »

I dug issue #1. Pure Grant Morrison insanity. I love his meta-textual DC universe.

Still have yet to touch one book in my recent stack.  Undecided I need to change that this week

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »

I agree - this was a fun book.  Love that Captain Carrot is in it.  We are off to a good start.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 12:52:57 PM »

Damn it ... still have not touched any of my books this month! Damn Lowe's taking up almost all my time!!!
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »

Overall a fun book but Morrison kinda went "two sides" on this.

The book starts with the bad Morrison. The too deep for his own good, meta on top of meta, confusing pacing and writing a blocky ass, poor structured book, but then, after about page 8, the good Morrison shows up and the book starts to develop more into a fun reality jumping event with a better pacing and a better storytelling structure. Pretty good stuff on the back end of this book

Anyone not a fan of Morrison would read the first couple of pages and then put the book down immediately ... and they would have reason to do so as I found the first quarter of this book just Morrison drivel (and that was after seeing the first couple of pages in previews ... I already knew what to expect somewhat and I still was not enjoying the first 6 pages or so. I know if I had not pre-ordered this and I just saw it on the shelf in the book store, picked it up and read the first few pages ... this book would not be leaving with me when I left that bookstore, I can tell ya that.

Still, it does get better as you go, but what I thought was going to be a book that Glenn and I would have a couple debates on, ended up being a book that I have to be more on Glenn's side about. I have to concede that Glenn may have just saved himself a lot of aggravation in the long run.

Starts out as a "2 outta" book (pretty bad), but ends like a "8 outta" book (just over average) So, collectively ...

6 outta 10 -  Super-Rabbits in the cosmic bug-house
(Just slightly above an average book but hoping for better next issue)

Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »

Talk about being able to do great, single shot issues and still tell a story! Digging it, what can I say?  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »

Me too.  It's a fun ride so far!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »

It obviously would help if I had read Final Crisis, but I still dig the style of this book if I don't love it for anything else. Enjoyed the last Fate issue as it was so damn "pulpy", something I truly love.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 03:21:56 AM »

Pax Americana .... Just a fast thought, not truly spoilerific, but I was sad when I read this, knowing instantly what it was, that they didn't make the panel layout the same from front to back, in mirror format, like the original source did. Missed opportunity I think, even though it would have made no difference.  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »

Pax Americana .... Just a fast thought, not truly spoilerific, but I was sad when I read this, knowing instantly what it was, that they didn't make the panel layout the same from front to back, in mirror format, like the original source did. Missed opportunity I think, even though it would have made no difference.  Grin

Indeed. Instantly recognizeable.

However, that said, even with unsaid endings (or beginnings) possibly my favorite one to date. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »

And understandably so. Loved it.
Plus I am a huge fan of Quietly, top 10 all time artist of mine and top 5 current working, so that has to be expected.  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 02:37:58 AM »

What did everyone think of the Guidebook?   I liked it.  Definitely gotta be a Morrison fan to follow this craziness.  I like the synopsis of each Earth but I wonder if any of it will matter soon.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2015, 03:20:05 AM »

Isn't that the thing, Jeff? Will this help play into Convergence, or will it just scatter away-again-after both events are said and done with?

In any case, I love this metatextual stuff!! DC always celebrates it big and goes big with all their worlds and characters!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 03:53:12 AM »

I loved the Omni man issue. Jim Lee on art, and on a single story, a single issue, that told a tale spanning decades, and it seemed like decades, and it certainly hurt this Kal very, very much.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2015, 09:19:07 PM »

Shit, I'm still trying to puzzle out if I like this, or if I just found this to be Morrison's high as a kite DC dribbling madness.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS