HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:13:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - June 5th  (Read 11121 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 07:56:08 AM »

To be fair, my second email is spurred on by the fact that you and Jeff have talked about how great they were about replacing lost books without a second thought, or how quick they've shipped one simple trade. I mean, the last trade was released on May 20th and it has been like that status since that time....so....wha da fug, ya know? Wink

I just don't like being ignored, more than anything.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »

To be fair, my second email is spurred on by the fact that you and Jeff have talked about how great they were about replacing lost books without a second thought, or how quick they've shipped one simple trade. I mean, the last trade was released on May 20th and it has been like that status since that time....so....wha da fug, ya know? Wink

I just don't like being ignored, more than anything.  Cool

I hear ya, buddy  Smiley

But as you picked monthly shipping, the release date of that last trade is out the window. Even if it was released on the first week of May, you were not going to have it shipped until the 28th. I didn't get my non-lost books  Wink until that Saturday, the 31st. So in essence, your lost books are only 10 days late.

Plus, as good as DCBS is ... well, how good they usually are ... with everything, they are a little slow on email replies, taking about 3 working days sometimes to get back to you. So if you sent your first e-mail on Thursday or Friday, they honestly may not have even seen it yet (I really don't think they turn the computer on during the weekend).

Now that reponse time is admittedly slower than one would want or expect, but as they have always ... and I mean ALWAYS fixed any problem I have had (adding books I changed my mind about and now want to get even when it is two months later, replacing a damaged book (the corner got caught in the packing material and bent) and even canceling Batman Eternal 5-8 for me ... even though as a preorder, they didn't have to) AND because when all is said and done, this is comics we're talking about, not my medication or something important ... and they have fantastic prices on those said comics, I have always let the slow e-mail correspondence slide. It's just a wait.

Worry not, young friend, they WILL fix the problem and they will NOT screw you out of your $7.  Smiley ... well ... not anymore than they already have by losing your order.
 Grin
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:56:46 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »

Please tell me you now have your books, Jimbo. Yes?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 05:36:11 PM »

Haven't posted one of these in a while, so this is gonna cover the last couple of weeks:

DC Comics:
-Action Comics #32 (Doomed)
-Earth 2 #24
-Justice League 3000 #6 & 7
-New 52: Future's End #4, 5 & 6
-Red Lanterns #31
-Smallville: Lantern #3
-Superman #31 (Doomed)
-Superman/Wonder Woman #9 (Doomed)
-World's Finest #24

Marvel Comics:
-All-New Invaders #6 (Original Sin)
-All-New Young Guns
-Amazing Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl #1.1
-Original Sin #3 of 8
-Original Sins #1 of 5
-Thanos Annual #1

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 06:01:23 PM »

Please tell me you now have your books, Jimbo. Yes?

They did get back to me, and said something to the point that since I didn't have a May order (because I only bought trades in May), they wouldn't ship until June. They even quoted something in their FAQs, too.

"Sorry about that! Since you only ordered hardcovers in that order, they would have shipped with whatever month’s order they released; however, they released in May, and you didn’t have a May shipment scheduled. They’ll be sent out with your shipment at the end of this month; I’ve credited you for your January shipping charge.'
And a later email:
'
"Allow me to clarify. Because you don’t have a March order with us, that means you didn’t schedule or pay for a May shipment to be sent to you. You do have an April order, so a shipment for June was scheduled and paid for. This is clearly stated in our FAQ, found here: http://www.dcbservice.com/faq.aspx"

All I care about right now is if they ship my trades with my next month's order, and I end up paying 2 shipping amounts for one package. I got these emails on the honeymoon, so I'm more like "whatever" to this situation. I'll see what happens when this all resolves.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 02:12:22 AM »

Rah! All my stuff is shipping, and I got my credit. All will be just fine with the world

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »

Sorry, I didn't reply to your last, Jimbo, been a crazy week.

Okay, that makes sense. They are not going to ship you books when you didn't pay for shipping for that month. Didn't even think of that. You coming in cold (not having any preorders prior) would do it. I was getting worried about my idea of going just Trades through them if shipping was going to be an issue, and it will be if I don't keep ordering month after month to stay ahead of the shipping cost.

I will say, if you are just going to order trades from them, you would be better off using their sister site, http://www.instocktrades.com/ as they don't hold books until your shipping is paid because your shipping is paid when you order. Plus, any order over $50 is free shipping.

I feel bad for not even mentioning that site to you when you were first talking about going back to DCBS, but it just didn't hit me about you ordering just trades and I didn't realize their would be a trade/shipping predicament either.

Glad everything has worked out now though, even if it is later than it should have been.
 Undecided

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS