HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:42:27 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - June 5th  (Read 11065 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 05, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »

Arriving in the mail on Friday:

BATMAN ETERNAL #9 
MAGNETO #5 
MOON KNIGHT #4 
NEW 52 FUTURES END #5 

Picked up at LCS today:

Big Trouble In Little China  1
Green Arrow 32
Original Sin 0
Original Sin 1
Original Sin 2
Original Sin 3

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:58:57 AM »

Nada
Zip
Nothing
and
Zero

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 12:14:08 AM »

I'm pissed. My DCBS order still isn't here.

Is this normal? I haven't had packages from them in 4 years.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 02:10:20 AM »

I'm pissed. My DCBS order still isn't here.

Huh
Has it shipped? Did you get an email? And your tracking number will be in your shipped items, so you can track it.

No, it is not normal. I have been with them for years and the only package that was late was one that was about 2 days later than normal.

Have you emailed them?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 04:23:35 AM »

I emailed them. Order is filled; not shipped. I asked why. I had only 2 trades from last month for my order; if they are holding onto that to ship with the next month, I said I need to have a discount on shipping then.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »

I emailed them. Order is filled; not shipped. I asked why. I had only 2 trades from last month for my order; if they are holding onto that to ship with the next month, I said I need to have a discount on shipping then.

That's not right, man. Something is up. They have shipped me just five comics before, smaller than even one trade. They have a small, cardboard mailer they use. Even if you had only one trade they would ship that. I can talk to someone if you would send me the emails or a copy of the shipping page in a PM, I can work on this. Just not making any kind of sense to me at all.

They are the epitome of the quality customer work. Even when they lost Jeff's box (hey, accidents happen) they pulled him a new order and shipped it right out. And honestly, in the years I have been with them, that is the worse thing I have heard happen... from anyone (and I know a LOT of people that order through them), and they fixed that right away (from what I recall ... maybe Jeff knows different as it was his order Grin).

What trades are they?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »

Yeah they have always been quick to respond.  I had one other time when they forgot to ship but they sent it right away when I emailed them.  They make mistakes but their customer service is usually quick to fix.  In fact it was the exact same thing that happened to you, filled but not sbipped.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:38:56 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »

The trades are Batman and Aquaman volume 4 HC's.

Emailing on a Friday; evening too, I don't expect a response this weekend.

I did go for the once only shipping, but it says both items are filled.

We'll see what Monday brings.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »

Well they also just took over for  ... was it Midtown comics? ... I'm not sure, but they just took over SOME online comic company so their customer input seemingly doubled overnight.

Maybe your books just got kicked under a table somewhere.
 Cheesy
Don't worry, they will get them to you, though I understand being upset it is not when you expected.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »

Once a month shipping?  That explains it.  They ship the monthly shipments at the end of the month.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »

Once a month shipping?  That explains it.  They ship the monthly shipments at the end of the month.

I assumed he was talking about last month

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 09:49:21 PM »

Your right.  They both came out in May.  Should have shipped by now.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »

Your right.  They both came out in May.  Should have shipped by now.

Yup; indeed it's once a month shipping...for May.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 12:15:10 AM »

My second email:

Hello, this is my second email. My order ID number is  ******. It states my order is filled, yet not shipped. This order was for May. It’s now going into the second week of June, and I am not happy about this. I did business with you some time ago, and am looking to get started again. However, if I am not going to receive any contact about this, I may seriously rethink my order. I have 3 friends who have been doing business through you for the past 3+ years and have had excellent service, timely shipping, and great customer response to problems.

I would like the same.

Sincerely,

James J. Tonn
*(address & phone here)*

-----
If they seriously pack this with the June shipping, and screw me on $7 bucks shipping, I'm going to raise some f###ing hell.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 01:57:04 AM »

Grin
Man, starting to think you have some anger issues when it comes to time there, Jimmy  Cheesy

I mean, truthfully your package is only a just over a week late and you've sent them two emails already? They probably haven't had time to read your first one yet to know they made a mistake.
 Cheesy
Love it!!!

Go get em, man.
 Grin

I am just scared this will be Jimmy if DCBS doesn't get back with him in 24 hours.

(Sorry, just funny to me. I shouldn't laugh at your pain ... but damn, that is kinda funny)

Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS