HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:48:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ORIGINAL SIN  (Read 7049 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 04, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »

Issue #3

Damn it.  Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »

I haven't read #3 yet, haven't made it to the LCS yet today. But the first 3 issues (counting #0), hasn't pulled me in. I'm bored with it. I'm not into "Who dunnit?" murder mysteries, and that's what this is coming off as (a lot like Identity Crisis at DC a decade before, but that at least had some stunning artwork).

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »

Is this any good?  I haven't picked up any of it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:00:05 PM »

Is this any good?  I haven't picked up any of it.

Well you know the rule, if Nate is not into it, that means I am ... and vice-versa  Cheesy

Its actually pretty fun if you get past the lack of reason as to why THIS group of characters is the one banding together. I mean there is no real reason other than ... "Hey, you, let's do this".

But it gets major enjoyment points anyway with Deadato as the artist (in my top ten) and Aaron as the writer (ditto ... I think).

But after this issue, even though I knew what was coming, I am a little less "Marvel" today than I was yesterday. For those that haven't read it ... and are oblivious to what they were gonna do (or at least when they were gonna do it) ...
Marvel has finally killed of THE Nick Fury, so that the BULLSHIT, FAKE-ASS, CRAP LOAD OF CRAP Nick Fury Jr. can be the only one around. It was working fine having THE TRUE Fury just out of the picture, in 'retirement'. They didn't have to kill him off (as much as a comic can kill off). Still, again, a piece of my "Marvel" died today. X-Men, not this? Like I said ... damn.  Embarrassed

Undecided Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:06:28 PM »

I was already considering picking it up today.  Even though I knew who the creators were, when I saw you write it out - Aaron and Deadato - I couldn't resist.

Picked up issues #0, 1, 2, & 3 at the LCS.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 03:53:47 AM »

Issue 3

Well F#€*!!!!!    Angry

Read 0 thru 3 in one sitting.  Good story and great art.  But that ending in 3 ain't right...on several levels.

That had better be skrull and not Nick.  Or it better be a skrull and not Bucky. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »

Doubt it.

Well, I mean for the next few years anyway.
Marvel really wants the black Nick Fury to be THE Nick Fury. He never will be to me, but I'm sure over time he will be for younger readers. Sucks balls, but ...
Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »

Finally got around to finishing this series.  Still processing it.

What did everyone else think?

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 07:36:00 AM »

It had its ups and downs. I thought it was an intriguing story. But, in the end, I could take it or leave it.

3/5

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS