HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:57:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maleficent  (Read 8278 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:21 AM »

took the kiddies to see this today.  i'm not sure how much to use spoilers here because I don't want to go into too much detail until those who want to see it have seen it...
before I go into this, just let me remind you guys how much of a purist I am.  I don't like people messing with an age old character and ruining their characterization.  I will use spoilers sparingly for now until more peeps have seen this.  that being said, I only have 3 things to say about this movie....

1)what
2)the
3)f**k?

Walt Disney must be spinning in his grave right now.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »

Not wanting to hit the spoilers to find out, as I do want to see it, but did you like it?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »

Not wanting to hit the spoilers to find out, as I do want to see it, but did you like it?

perry, take this for what it's worth (and you know how my opinions lay most of the time, I think) but I absolutely hated it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

Darn.

Okay, how's about this .... do you think your feelings are because it was just a bad, poorly made movie or more because of the treatment or misuse of the character ... do you think? If you know what I mean
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »

I wonder; isn't the movie essentially a mass-produced high end production fan-fiction? Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »

just read my spoilers, perry.  I don't give away any huge plot details and nothing very specific.  if you have any questions after that just let me know.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:05:19 AM »

just read my spoilers, perry. 

Okay ... did it and ... Yep, I know you  Cheesy That's the reason I asked the question the way I did. When you said ...

perry, take this for what it's worth (and you know how my opinions lay most of the time, I think) but I absolutely hated it.

I had to ask if it was the WAY the movie was made or the characterization because it could have been one way or the other, but I had one in mind.
 Cheesy

Gotcha  Smiley

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »

just read my spoilers, perry. 

Okay ... did it and ... Yep, I know you  Cheesy That's the reason I asked the question the way I did. When you said ...

I had to ask if it was the WAY the movie was made or the characterization because it could have been one way or the other, but I had one in mind.
 Cheesy

Gotcha  Smiley

good stuff.  I didn't want to make anyone NOT want to go see it who maybe wanted to and who might actually enjoy it.  besides, it's kinda hard to discuss the movie and what I hated about it with a bunch of people who haven't seen it. Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 01:17:56 AM »

besides, it's kinda hard to discuss the movie and what I hated about it with a bunch of people who haven't seen it. Grin

Tis true  Smiley Smiley

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 01:18:26 AM »

that being said....are you going to go see it?

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 06:18:27 AM »

I have no desire to watch it, but my daughter has been bugging me to watch it.  Going to see it Saturday afternoon.

Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:44:16 PM »

No, I'm not "going to go", but I will see it.  Grin I hate theaters with a passion and have only been pulled in by 4 or 5 movies in the past 8 years or so  Grin Actually, I wonder how many movies I have seen during that time? I know I never saw any Spider-Man movie in the theaters and only saw the last Nolan Batman movie because my daughter bought me a ticket ahead of time for Father's Day (as an inside joke). Those are two of my favorite characters and I didn't go see them, so that tells you how much I hate the theater experience.
 Cheesy

Even my other loves, like Sci-Fi and Horror can't get me into the theaters. I just enjoy immersing myself in movies at home too much, that I just find it better to wait for the DVD release. Of course lately, as in over the past 20 years it seems, there hasn't been a good horror flick worthy of theaters anyway  Undecided (though after seeing the re-make of Evil Dead I could have seen that in the theaters. Enjoyed that one)

EDIT - I will go see Guardians, Avengers 2, Ant-Man and the newly green lit Dr. Strange in the theater however, due to their ... importance?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:50:08 PM by Perry » Logged

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »

No, I'm not "going to go", but I will see it.  Grin I hate theaters with a passion and have only been pulled in by 4 or 5 movies in the past 8 years or so  Grin Actually, I wonder how many movies I have seen during that time? I know I never saw any Spider-Man movie in the theaters and only saw the last Nolan Batman movie because my daughter bought me a ticket ahead of time for Father's Day (as an inside joke). Those are two of my favorite characters and I didn't go see them, so that tells you how much I hate the theater experience.
 Cheesy

Even my other loves, like Sci-Fi and Horror can't get me into the theaters. I just enjoy immersing myself in movies at home too much, that I just find it better to wait for the DVD release. Of course lately, as in over the past 20 years it seems, there hasn't been a good horror flick worthy of theaters anyway  Undecided (though after seeing the re-make of Evil Dead I could have seen that in the theaters. Enjoyed that one)

EDIT - I will go see Guardians, Avengers 2, Ant-Man and the newly green lit Dr. Strange in the theater however, due to their ... importance?  Cheesy

so I gotta wait until the DVD release to discuss this with you?  sheesh.  get off your can and into a theater!   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »

so I gotta wait until the DVD release to discuss this with you?  sheesh.  get off your can and into a theater!   Grin

Grin Well if they (Hollywood) would start putting better movies IN the can, I would gladly get off mine  Grin Actually, that is not what it is, I just like being able to listen to the entire movie and not have to worry about kids, drunkards or any other form of life distracting me from my enjoyment. Plus, I'm old, man. Sometimes I need that rewind button for my ears and the pause button for my bladder  Cheesy

Besides
why would you want me to rush to see a movie that you hate? Why push that on me?
 Cheesy Wink

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 03:20:47 AM »

I liked it.  It was pretty entertaining.  The stuff that bothered Jedicow didn't bother me.  All the Disney-fied animated movies take liberty with the source material.  Excellent performance by Angelina Jolie.

I saw True Love's Kiss a mile away. I saw something similar happen in Frozen.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS