HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:31:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FARGO  (Read 4833 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 19, 2014, 12:08:41 AM »

The series =

Absolutely. Incredible. Television. 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »

Didn't know they were making a series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »

It's on FX and just premiered this ... Tuesday? I think? DVR viewer so days are always an issue for me  Cheesy Very much a must see.

Not getting paid or anything, but FX is starting to puch HBO and SHOWTIME as one of the best channels on the box. Not only is this series a slam dunk in its greatness, their other shows of note that everyone should be watching include: JUSTIFIED, THE AMERICANS, AMERICAN HORROR STORY and ARCHER. Also SONS OF ANARCHY gets tons of praise, but I never got into that show.

Archer, an animated spy comedy, is currently on Netflix along with AHS

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 01:45:25 AM »

your check is in the mail.....

i wasn't a fan of the movie, despite the accolades.......is this just more of the same?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »

your check is in the mail.....

Grin

i wasn't a fan of the movie, despite the accolades.......is this just more of the same?

Well, kinda. If you didn't enjoy the movie, you will probably not enjoy this as it has the same "beats" to it. It is a different story, although very similar ... honestly, but the bad guy is ... well ... kinda funnier than the two we met in the movie, but I think he ties in with them.

Personally, while I didn't love Fargo the movie, even though I thought it was well done and enjoyed it for the most part, I think this is much better.

But yeah, they are similar.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 07:28:19 AM »

Man, episode two was even better. Ice drills are handy up north, yeah?  Grin

I hope they don't try and run this into the ground though. Keep it a 10 or 13 episode series and then move on. American Television just loves to overdo shit. With all the stars involved however, I am sure the plan is a short run.

I hope.
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »

Yep, this show should win an award. This has all the properties of an award winning show, except for maybe the viewers  Grin This is every bit as good as Breaking Bad, but just in a totally different way. Somehow even darker though and definitely funnier. Though the humor is also very dark.

Also nice to see Tom Hanks son getting more roles. He was pretty good in Dexter and after having his own series flop a few years back, it's nice to see him rebound.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »

Also nice to see Tom Hanks son getting more roles. He was pretty good in Dexter and after having his own series flop a few years back, it's nice to see him rebound.

That show was hilarious.  I hated to see that it flopped.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »

That show was hilarious.  I hated to see that it flopped.

Agree. I liked both lead actors (ever since West Wing)  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS