HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:39:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: April Previews - Whatcha gettin'?  (Read 11443 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:26 AM »

Flash 32
Aquaman 32
Aquman & the Outsiders 3
Green Arrow 32
Wonder Woman 32
Superman 32 (trying it again)
Supergirl 32
Superboy 32 (maybe; I kinda want to like the character!)
Superman/Wonder Woman 9
Action 32
Sinestro 3

Dropped Phantom Stranger, Justice League (which is only being bought in trades), and no JL United

Marvel:
Captain America 21
Moon Knight 4
Thanos: Infinity Revelation trade by Jim Starlin!

Do I want to try new edition Hulk? Will I go and buy Amazing Spider-man on ebay? Marvel's prices really deter me. At least with most of my $3.99 books that I get, the art is usually awesome (at DC). Ramos sucks. RAMOS SUCKS. Can't stand it. I dunno what to do with my choice there.

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 05:07:38 AM »

I haven't even heard of Infinity Revelation until you just mentioned it. How did I miss that?!

But upon investigation, Amazon shows it not coming out until August. Is Previews showing it coming out sooner?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:08:31 AM »

Are you really saving more than the shipping costs for only 4 comics?

With the trade? You bet  Smiley That trade is $35 or so and I'm getting it for $17. Worth spending the $7 to save on that and the other savings on the 4 titles.

But even without the trades ... If I was just buying comics, I would only have to buy 5 comics a month to not lose the discount. With five comics only, ordering through DCBS, I save $8 (40% off each $3.99 book is a savings of $1.60 each book, $8 in savings total) and it costs $6.95 to ship. True, not a great deal of savings, only about $1, but still ...
 Cheesy

With trades I will have no problem saving the $7 a month it cost for shipping.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »

Added SAGA Vol 1 as I forgot I don't have any of those yet, and it looks like it will be awhile, if ever, for it to make  it to HC
 Embarrassed

BATMAN #32 (ZERO YEAR)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3
FANTASTIC FOUR #6
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #23

POWERS HC VOL 06 DEFINITIVE COLLECTION (MR) *Special Discount*
SAGA TP VOL 01

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 09:03:55 PM »

Added Manhatten Projects #21.  Just caught up with issues I had missed and kicking myself for dropping this.

Why not just keep getting digital or go trades?

I'm thinking about going trade.  The only thing with digital is when the new issues come out they are full price.  Digiltal is best when trying to catch up because the issues go on sale for 99 cents to 1.99.  Might as well get the DCBS discount for new issues.

I decided to take this back off and just keep getting it in digital.  I'll wait a little while for the price to drop.  It is fun to read in digital format.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »

I made a last second change and put X-O Manowar, Unity, and Armor Wars on the pull.  The preview was too cool to pass up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »

The preview was too cool to pass up.

Did look sweet as hell

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS