HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:45:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AQUAMAN and the OTHERS  (Read 4215 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 06, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »

Issue #1

Ugh. This was a chore for me to get through. Not sure if it is just me but I remember a time when I kinda enjoyed Dan Jurgen's writing but I certainly didn't enjoy this. Lackluster dialog with panels that were so bland (though that could have been the artist and not his descriptions) that I just left wondering if I have changed with my appreciation of Jurgen's work or did Jurgens just not write a good comic.

The open scene went by way too fast, and the artifact scenes were less than enjoyable.

Good news is I don't have to worry about wanting to add this to my pull. Anyone else read this and like it? If so, why come?  Smiley

For me -
3 outta 10 Dead soldier's ghosts (the one idea I actually did like in this book)
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

Yeah I think he's been on a slide lately.  I didn't like his Justice League International so I didn't try this.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »

Certainly a set up issue. Nothing brilliant, all explanations as character asides, blah blah blah.

It needs more, and I'm going to follow...for a while.

Although, I won't lie, Jurgens does come off like the old guard of comics (Byrne, Starlin, Claremont, DeFalco) and just doesn't seem to do things that...great for a long period of time.

I dunno. We'll~ I'll~ see.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »

Didn't see thread on this topic and I doubled up. Please use the one already created. I am sorry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS