HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:46:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gotham on FOX  (Read 16830 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: March 21, 2014, 09:19:03 PM »

I'm surprised that nobody has weighed in on the development of this show.....with the young bruce wayne and young catwoman......any thoughts?

I'm optimistic....glass half-full or whatever that means....Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:05 PM »

Looks pretty F'n Sweet.
And I still love that Donal Logue is Bullock!!!  Cool

Edit - Though I am sad that John Doman (The Wire and Damages) is not credited. I don't care how small the role.  Angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

Time to dump TURN from the DVR anyway. Sorry, Honey.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:29:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:04:02 PM »

Looks bad a$$.  I will have to watch this one from the get go.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »

OH, I'll be watching. It's in my wheelhouse, so I'd best support my genre. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »

It's been a few days since the premiere.....did anybody watch?

Love/hate how they shoehorned practically every single one of Batman's foes into the first episode?

Was that the Joker in Fish Mooney's club?!?

Does this "tough/no-nonsense" version of Alfred bother you?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:36:01 PM »

I'm having to wait for the repeat on Friday to watch.  Too many shows premiered on Monday and my DVR couldn't tape them all.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 12:59:06 AM »

I liked it, but not by a large margin.

Yes, there sure was a large chin on the "comedian", wasn't there?  Grin

Alfred's portrayal is perfect, for me, I just wish the show was. Still hopeful, but maybe I was just too pumped for this to enjoy what was given?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »

2 episodes in, for me, has not set off fireworks. (but Agents of Shield didn't do much for me at the start either, but I watched outta fandomness. That, at least, proved well Cheesy  )

I do enjoy the stalwart, uprightness about Gordon. Like the visual look and carrying of the character by the actor as well. And, being that Donal Logue is in this...I keep expecting him to end up being worthless, but my ire at his early work still influences what I think of him today. (ok, that was all about how I viewed him on the Fox show 'Grounded for Life.' *shudders coldly*

That said, I don't know! Kinda pedestrian. They really have to show me what a Batman show, without Batman, will do to be great. And I'm not sure I will believe it. All it (may) be is a tricked up 'cops'n'robbers' mob show, but without true realism?

Eh, will wait and see. It's not awful, but I'd rather read a book through it, and put that book down when the show really does interest me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »

Was so down after episode 1 I still have not watched anymore. Gonna try and force myself to watch episode two tonight, but ... really saddened by this shows first effort so it's hard to get pumped to watch more.
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »

Balloonman Ep 3

Okay, I think, as of right now, Allen and Montoya are absolutely horrible characters. Just 'ugh' from their interrogation of Gordon, or how they talked to Fish. Just terrible.

And, is it now the requisite thing that Barbara always be at home, half dressed? Talk about a pathetic use of a woman. She just waits at home in this amazing apartment for her man to show up. Blah.

The show is okay, but like any other Batman endeavor, it simply MUST take itself so seriously, that brevity is far and between that the show just makes you hang in the doldrums of squalor that Gotham City makes you live in. I hate being browbeaten over the head with that. I didn't care for that attitude that hit you in the face with Nolan's movies, and it makes me disinterested here as well.

IT's an okay show; but it certainly has not hit me with enthusiasm like Flash did right out of the gate.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »

For my general thoughts, just re-read Jimmy's
  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »

For my general thoughts, just re-read Jimmy's
  Smiley

I'm gonna screen shot this page and post and hang it on the wall. Amazing! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »

HEY !
I think I have agreed with you in the past, at least ... two times before.
 Grin Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 01:02:53 PM »

Okay, a slightly better episode. Getting somewhere with this one at least. I didn't bitch and moan the entire 40 minutes  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 05:53:17 PM »

I still haven't made it through the first episode.  Gonna have to binge watch at some point.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS