HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:05:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 35025 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 01:05:10 AM »

DAMN SPOILERS!!

I knew I should have resisted.
They have the head. They put in the head!!!
Damn I wish I wouldn't have seen that. That would have almost made the movie for me seeing that in the theaters.

The head?

Smiley

The head of one of the Celestial's was their headquarters in the comics. In this trailer they are shown flying towards a huge, floating head in space so I can only assume it is a reference to that. Although may mean it is something else entirely ... but then I will be mad they let such a grand opportunity pass-by and they didn't include the HeadQUARTERS ... or "KNOWHERE" as it is properly known
 Angry

EDIT #2 - Almost has to be Knowhere or they are just messing with us badly. They show the head and then the next thing that is writing on the screen is "START SOMEWHERE" I mean ... come on!

Grin

EDIT -
As I see the other has been shut down ... Embedding it for those that haven't seen it

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:15:41 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 01:31:37 PM »

So what is the expectation for this movie?  I have a few non-comic fans who think its going to flop.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 03:28:10 PM »

So what is the expectation for this movie?  I have a few non-comic fans who think its going to flop.

Expectations money wise or just if it is going to be a good, fun movie?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 05:41:22 PM »

Expectations money wise or just if it is going to be a good, fun movie?

Both.  My friend basically said only the Comic Con crowd will see and enjoy it.  I don't agree but I am the Comic Con crowd.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »

Hard to tell. It's a sci-fi thing, but it's presented as at least humorous, and 'earthy' enough that you won't be thrown off by goofy aliens or understanding any deeper subject than a fight.

And it's got MARVEL written all over that, so that may help too.

If things go real bad, I'd predict that if there is a sneak scene of Tony Stark in the credits that they then would show that on TV to get crowds in.

I think it'll be great, and that I'll enjoy it. We'll see what the world sees.

I bet it's closer to Thor 1 than anything else. Hopefully better than any Hulk movie, though.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »

I think it will do fine (not knowing the budget)

I mean, how many people other than comic fans or the media know this is another Marvel Studios movie? I mean I know they are not shying away from telling everyone but I am sure not everyone knows.
Out of those that do, how many care?

I mean, I don't keep track of how many movies Castle Rock (speaking of King) makes.  Grin

I think most non-comic book people will go into this because they want to see a humorous sci-fi flick not because they enjoyed Thor and are keeping up with Marvel Studios. As for money, I think it will do fine. Better than the average humorous sci-fi flick I would wager.

That is not to say it isn't important to Marvel. It is. If this movie does bomb they take a huge hit for making future, off-the-beaten-path movies. But if this, like I suspect, knocks it out of the park with critics (regardless of money made) they will be like Galactus ... almost unstoppable.

But to answer the question -
I think, if it falls in the 140 or 150 million production cost area, it will make about 165% internationally and makes at least 120% here. About what the first Cap movie has done.

Or at least I hope so.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »

I'm hoping for a big win.  If it is successful then there's a better chance that other lesser known hero movies get made.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 02:36:52 AM »

Cosmo?

http://touch.denofgeek.us/denofgeekus/#!/entry/nathan-fillion-confirmed-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy,53a7301f025312186c209b93

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »

Nope - he's not Cosmo nor Nova.   Grin

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/06/30/james-gunn-and-nathan-fillion-quash-those-nova-and-cosmo-rumors/

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 02:20:11 AM »

I signed up to watch the GotG sneak preview of 17 minutes from the film on IMAX next Monday in my town.  Mostly cause I want the free poster they're giving out! Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 03:31:07 AM »

I signed up to watch the GotG sneak preview of 17 minutes from the film on IMAX next Monday in my town.  Mostly cause I want the free poster they're giving out! Cool

Awesome!  Can't wait to hear what you think!

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 01:37:41 PM »

Awesome!  Can't wait to hear what you think!

If the entire movie is as cool as the 17 minutes I saw last night, there is a good chance that this will be my favorite movie this year!

Rocket steals every scene, and I was smiling every time he spoke.  The chemistry that this team has, from what I can tell is even better, than the folks comprising the Avengers.

I'm not one to go out and watch things in 3D, but I've had a taste of how it will look here, and I want more!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

FANTASTIC
 Cool

(Except for the 3D part. As much as you enjoyed it, I am one that wants all 3D to just die a rapid death)
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »

STUPENDOUS!!!

I'm hoping I love it so much, that I get the urge to see it 3 times. Cheesy

I saw Winter Soldier twice.

Amazing Spider-man 2 once. Same with Days of Future Past (but that one was LOOOONG)

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 03:21:37 AM »

Excellent! !  I was getting worried they were over advertising it which is usually a sign of a bad movie.  Good to hear its on the right track.  I'm really looking forward to this one.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS