HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:26:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BLACK WIDOW  (Read 4502 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:42 PM »

ISSUE #1

Loved the art and ... okay, loved the art.

This issue's story was about as nondescript as you can get. Just nothing here, really. The one thing I did find was frustration. I mean, one of the points of this book was
the assassination of a character. Okay, fine, but what assassin goes for a body shot? None. None assassin  Cheesy. Head shots. Always. Why is Widow putting a vest on the target? oh, so the assassin can shoot, from across the street, into the intended targets chest ... ONCE  Roll Eyes Look, if the intention of the shooter was to possibly kill the target, but to at least send a warning, okay, fine, one body shot, but if you are getting paid to kill you do what every assassin does and aim for the cranium. AIM FOR THE CRANE!!!

I can't stand when small errors like this get me irate, but it really does just ruin the moment for me. Again, I like my fiction as realistic as possible.

But ... very good art. Without that, this book would be below the average mark

5 outta 10 - Vests that wouldn't stop a hollow-point shell of that caliber anyway.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »

Issue 2 won't wow you either.  It's not a bad book but got the chop from me on the pull list.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »

Issue 2 won't wow you either.  It's not a bad book but got the chop from me on the pull list.

Ah, good to know. I have issue 1,2 and 3 here, but maybe I will just skip ahead to issue 3 so I can get these back.  Undecided thanks

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »

Issue #3

More of the same. Good art, bland story with flaws that irk me. This time I am use to the art so it can't get the bonus point.

4 outta 10 - weird ass color changes

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

I still have issue 3 coming but its the last one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS