HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:22:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INHUMANITY  (Read 20884 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 04:39:13 AM »

(I say rare because both Marvel and DC don't go out of their way to sign those "exclusive" contrasts anymore like they were prone to in years past)

I wonder  if that's in part or related to our conversation on writer's not being able to make a big enough splash; why sign a guy who may not end up being a big thing?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 04:41:49 AM »

I read Inhumanity #1 and I think I'm hooked.  Might have to pick this up for awhile.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »

I wonder  if that's in part or related to our conversation on writer's not being able to make a big enough splash; why sign a guy who may not end up being a big thing?

Could very well be the case, but I think, if I remember correctly (which truthfully is very doubtful  Grin) both companies did a pretty decent job only signing only the top tier artists and writers. I think the reason they stopped doing it was it became too ineffective when it came to cost vs impact in sales. They were giving these contracts, complete with health insurance and all the bells and whistles, and after a few years of seeing that the books didn't sell "that much more" to counter the cost, both companies decided to drop that aspect of contracts.

I am not sure, of course  Wink, but I believe they are starting to bring the exclusive contracts back, but this time in lieu of including health coverage and all the other bells and whistles, they are just paying out a higher rate with the promise from the creator to stay exclusive for a year or two or whatever.

However, if a book they are on still doesn't sell well enough ... and give them the time to work those sub-plots, Marvel or DC can just pull them and put them on another title that needs a boost or one they plan on starting at issue #1.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »

I read Inhumanity #1 and I think I'm hooked.  Might have to pick this up for awhile.

Yeah, twas a good read. The ending pissed me off, not because of story or writing, but pure "fan" madness if you know what I mean.
 Grin

oh ...

Angry

And of course, just so you are aware, Marvel has since changed that one-shot that came out the next month in Previews, Inhumanity: Medusa, into INHUMANITY #2.
I don't think they changed anything within, so I don't think you will need it before the start of the new Inhumans title, but wanted you to know in-case you want to get as much of that "complete" thing going for later
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS