HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:38:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN  (Read 13391 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »

When I started buying comics on my own, they were $1.25 a piece.

Ahhh, youngin's   Grin I think that is close to when I stopped.

Just saying that it's still very cheap entertainment.

I guess it all depends on your thought process.  Smiley
"Lower priced option" is not part of the way my brain works. I have to add the "value equation" to anything purchased. Maybe that is just a part of me getting old.
 Grin

Besides, there are plenty of other, cheaper forms of entertainment.  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »

Indeed it was. Price had gone to $1.25 in 1992 ... right about the time I had had enough and had to walk away from comics. (Can I type "had" anymore times?)
 Grin
I think I may have still tried a couple titles after that initial hike from $1, but not too many and not for too long.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 12:01:17 AM »

Indeed it was. Price had gone to $1.25 in 1992 ... right about the time I had had enough and had to walk away from comics. (Can I type "had" anymore times?)
 Grin
I think I may have still tried a couple titles after that initial hike from $1, but not too many and not for too long.

In 1992 I was 9 years old. Before that, I was reading the comics in my dad's collection.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 12:23:32 AM »

Wow.  I remember being pissed when they upped the price to 40 cents!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 12:38:06 AM »

This is great! A lot of things have been making me feel old lately, but not Hero Realm.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 02:27:33 AM »

Wow.  I remember being pissed when they upped the price to 40 cents!

Right?  Cheesy Remember sweating it for those couple months when you knew the price increase was coming because it kept saying "STILL ONLY 35¢" on the covers?
 Grin

My first comic that I paid for with my own hard earned allowance had 20¢ on the cover. And I could buy 4 of them PLUS a Slurpee with my $2.00 and still have change left over.

Try to get a kid that age (6 years old) to spend his allowance on a comic now, they would have to borrow more money. Sorry guys, but really something F'n wrong with the system when a small kid can't take his small damn child allowance and buy a damn comic book.
 Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 04:21:31 AM »

This is great! A lot of things have been making me feel old lately, but not Hero Realm.

Seconded! My first comic that I had bought I think was .75. Couldn't believe it when it hit a dollar. Or maybe it was 1.00 to 1.25. Memory is fuzzy.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS