HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:01:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN  (Read 13390 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 12, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »

So Peter is coming back in April with Amazing #1. Yes, I will be there, but I have seen nothing as of yet about the demise of Superior. Obviously if Peter is back he will be using the body and therefor no more spOck ... right ...?
Hmmm

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

We all knew this was coming. I'm actually surprised Doc Ock stuck around for as long as he has. But I've enjoyed the ride.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:47:26 AM »

I'll definitely try it....and I'll love selling the entirety of Superior Spider-man on ebay.  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:04:34 AM »

I'll definitely try it....and I'll love selling the entirety of Superior Spider-man on ebay.  Grin

Yeah, surprisingly, that is not getting what it use to. Even a couple weeks ago it had started to drop. You'll still get a good piece  Cool, but not the value per comic as a couple weeks ago. Fickle damn buyers.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 02:15:19 AM »

Eh, any money I make off that I'll chalk up to awesomeness. I would almost expect an up tick with a new Amazing Spider-man #1. You're gonna want to get that old stuff in it's entirety before it's gone. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 08:10:16 AM »

Awww, I thought you had more EBAY fire in your blood by now.  Cheesy You were suppose to counter with the fact that the complete set will most likely sell for more than what is currently up there.
 Wink

You should do very well with that set.  Cool
(And welcome to the revolving comic collector temporary holder world)  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »

Well, imagine that. That #1 Amazing is an amazing $5.99  Cheesy

EDIT - Well son of a  ... so is the last issue of Superior. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #31 $5.99  Angry
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:13:57 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »

YEAH IT WAS.  Angry

Just bought it yesterday, and NO other explanation than it had more inserts or what not, or more digital to downloads for the issue.

I offered my comicshop guy to rip out the inserts and get my dollar back. Surprisingly, he didn't go for it.

I may seriously reconsider this title. If I go out and check all the solicits, and all copies are $5.99, I may be done. Humberto Ramos is NEVER a $5 a title artist. Ever.

Especially at twice a month shipping.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »

YEAH IT WAS.  Angry

Just bought it yesterday,

Are we talking about the same thing here, Jimmy? It hasn't even been solicited yet. Me am confused  Huh

Edit -
Ahhh, I see what happened,  Grin you read "the last issue" and thought I was talking about the most recent issue, #25 that sold for $4.99.

No, I am talking about the last issue of the series, #31, that will be $5.99
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:11:14 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »

Yeah, but I comboed two rants together; issue 25 was $4.99 yesterday, which was a buck increase from prior issue.

If all of them will sit at $4.99 until the $5.99 ender...well....screw that is what I may actually be thinking.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »

If all of them will sit at $4.99 until the $5.99 ender...well....screw that is what I may actually be thinking.

No, that's not happening. They are just doing the same as DC, throwing an additional dollar (or two in this case) on issues that they believe fans will believe are worth it or will clamor towards.

They will continue to do this until the shock of seeing $4.99 on covers is lessened in the minds of buyers and that price will become the norm. One of these companies will further test the market by obtaining a sure fire writer, matched with a sure fire artist and together, on a sure fire character or title, they will make the first issue $5.99 and each subsequent issue $4.99. This will continue until sales plummet or, more frightening, when they do not (anymore than a $3.99 comic) and then suddenly, BAM ... the hooks are in.

Just a question of whether it is DC or Marvel that does this first.

I was really shocked when I found issue #2 of SUPERMAN: UNCHAINED was not $4.99. Could've sworn Snyder and Lee w/Superman would've been the series to test that on. Maybe they are waiting for Marvel to "test" it first ... and Amazing, to me, is not that title ... with those creators anyway

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »

Considering how expensive any other entertainment is (movie tickets, CD, video game, novel, concert or live show), it's really not that bad of a price even if it does (unfortunately) go to $4.99.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 08:10:41 PM »

Considering how expensive any other entertainment is (movie tickets, CD, video game, novel, concert or live show), it's really not that bad of a price even if it does (unfortunately) go to $4.99.

And that's how the gut us!  :-)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »

And that's how the gut us!  :-)

Cheesy
Yes, exactly. And no Nate, Comics have gone up more than ANYTHING else. If you take the cost of milk, DVD,s, movie tickets, novels, gas, furniture, bread, eggs, cars, insurance ... you name it and calculate the price increase over the years, it is NOTHING like th price of comics. Hell, even newspapers and magazines have not increased their prices the way comics have.

And value to price index is waaay off as well. A $25 movie ticket with a popcorn and drink still has more time index value than a $4 comic, that takes about 5 minutes to read. And hell, if you want in hand value you just wait for the DVD (for about the same price) and you have that.

Nothing, no part of the comic other than creator salaries are the reason for such a huge price hike. ot the cost of paper. Not the paper quality. Not the printers. Not the advertising. Nothing.

Look, I'm all for creative talent getting paid, but sometimes something has to give.

There is not enough value in ANY comic to warrant paying $5 for 20 or 22 pages of content. To me anyway.  Grin If you can suck that up and find it is worth it then have it sir. Have at it.
 Smiley

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 08:47:10 PM »

Not disagreeing that it hasn't gone up a bit. It has. When I started buying comics on my own, they were $1.25 a piece. Just saying that it's still very cheap entertainment.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS