HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:02:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aquaman help  (Read 14283 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: December 26, 2013, 11:45:48 PM »

Okay, now I"m going crazy. Soooo hard to find Aquaman Volume 1 The Trench in HC! If any of you can be a help; that'd be awesome! This is my addicted, arm scratching, tongue chewing, wall climbing neurosesed self bugging out now! I can't NOT have the HC! ARGH! Why did I wait?!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 05:46:02 AM »

OUCH!  Looks like the range is from $52 for a used HC to $243 for a new one!

http://www.amazon.com/Aquaman-Vol-Trench-Johns-Edition/dp/B00CAYOLF4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388122632&sr=8-4&keywords=aquaman+the+trench+hardcover

Of course, these people are on crack.  $4126.00.  Really?

http://www.amazon.com/Aquaman-Vol-The-Trench-New/dp/1401235514/ref=sr_1_4?m=A2EJXCW4J0GA00&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1388122855&sr=1-4&keywords=aquaman

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:47:22 AM »

Plus $3.99 for shipping.  lol

Heck, I'll send you all of my Aquaman New 52 comics for $4126.00 and throw in shipping for free since I like you.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:49:23 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Damn, that's crazy. Are the single issues that hot as well or just that HC? Because if it is just that HC, I have some LCS's to hit.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Damn, that's crazy. Are the single issues that hot as well or just that HC? Because if it is just that HC, I have some LCS's to hit.

I think its just the HC.  I saw several TPB for $10.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:25:04 PM »

After calling and talking with Barnes & Noble, they explain that once a certain edition is no longer in print, they send it back (because the soft covers have come out!)

Yeah, there are some HC listed by private sellers on Amazon for $774. Yet, I can get all of Johns GL in HC going back to One Year Later. I'm hella pissed right now.

It was because I wanted the Aquaman HC that I decided "well, if you're doing that, you should sell your individual issues on ebay." Mostly I was busy with work, a little research, and trepidation about starting the process....IF I would have started at that time I was thinking about it, I would have had my HC!

Also, you can get any number of Batman, Superman, or Flash HC for $12-17 on Amazon. (^(*^%$*&(&()_()&^^%$*&

nuts

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »

Always the one that got away that kills ya (of course, or it wouldn't have been the one that got away, huh?)
 Grin

Just put my BLOODSHOT and HARBINGER runs up, starting tomorrow, so I will post after they start. I know I will not get what I want for them, but just the nature of the beast that is not collecting and having runs of a series very few people read. Sadly.
(Really hated to put those Harby's up. But that damn HC is just fine with me and it's not going for that crazy Aquaman price either)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »

Just a loving reminder for Jimmy T, that if you go to your shop this New Year's, to look for Aquaman Volume 1 HC. I'm so sad I can't find it!! Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:55:52 AM »

I HAVE IT

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy now  Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15:15 PM »

I HAVE IT

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy now  Smiley

Well as my Italian Grand-Father would say, "complimenti !!!"  Smiley

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »

If you are desperate to read it, try your public library. I just finished reading the complete series and paid ZERO.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »

Hey!  Rodney's back!!!  How have you been??

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »

Honey, I'm home!!!

Doing well. Happily single with two ornery kids. My daughter started kindergarten and my son played midget football last autumn. Still reading comics but not as many as before. REALLY ready for the DCnU to implode! LOVE Marvel movies! And addicted to Downton Abbey.

What did I miss?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »

Ooops, I saw Rodney was back in another thread.  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »

Honey, I'm home!!!

Doing well. Happily single with two ornery kids. My daughter started kindergarten and my son played midget football last autumn. Still reading comics but not as many as before. REALLY ready for the DCnU to implode! LOVE Marvel movies! And addicted to Downton Abbey.

What did I miss?

I came back! Grin

Yup, looking ahead for whatever remains when the dust settles on DC! Love me some comic TV too!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS