HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 09:47:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: Which 2014 Movie Are You Most Excited About?
300: Rise of an Empire - 0 (0%)
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 0 (0%)
Captain America: Winter Soldier - 3 (50%)
Godzilla - 0 (0%)
Guardians of the Galaxy - 0 (0%)
RoboCop - 1 (16.7%)
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 0 (0%)
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 1 (16.7%)
Other (Please List) - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which 2014 Movie Are You Most Excited About?  (Read 7517 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: December 11, 2013, 04:32:28 AM »

Which 2014 Movie Are You Most Excited About?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

Probably Cap for most excited about, but I am most curious about Guardians. Really hoping that does well so I can look forward to more under-belly comic movies.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »

I was torn between Cap and X-Men but ultimately went with X-Men.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »

shocking  Wink  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »

I'm most excited for Robocop. I LOVED the first film. One of the greatest action movies ever created.

The sequels, weren't nearly as good though. So let's hope it doesn't follow that trend.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »

shocking  Wink  Grin

I'm nothing if not predicatable.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »

Grin

I will say that trailer for Godzilla looks sweet as hell.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:24:39 AM »

that Captain America trailer had me hook, line and sinker.   I have to go with that even though I really look forward to X-Men (crossing my fingers for serious screen time for Colossus Smiley) and yes, that Godzilla trailer has me all tingly inside (I really hope they don't f*** that up.) and I am curious and apprehensive about the guardians movie.  I understand why they went with the characters that are in it, but I wish it had been the originals.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 05:03:25 AM »

I love me some screen Cap.

But man....I love the satire that was Robocop too. Hope this one can give me something to hold onto like that.

Jimmy T since 2001
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »

The Veronica Mars movie.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »

The Veronica Mars movie.

UGHH

Grin

But seriously, I just never saw the reason for the love that show received. Well, as it was canceled so quickly, I guess I was not alone in that feeling.  Wink

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 10:59:44 PM »

Eh, it got 3 full seasons, which for TV these days isn't a total negative.  Like Arrested Development, which also only went 3 seasons, it still has a big hardcore fan base.

I'll be waiting around with a bunch of 14-year-old girls, but it's my favorite show of all-time.  It ended on some big cliffhangers that I look forward to being tied up.

Sorry it didn't have a bunch of boring soldiers and even more boring aliens linked by the only good special effect (Stargate).  Tongue Grin

If not for Veronica Mars I'd probably put down ASM 2 or CA:WS.  (My two favorite super heroes getting sequel movies at the same time - very cool.)

RoboCop would come next.  Yeah, it's a reboot, but if they keep the same bleak fundamentals and cool cyborg stuff, I'm in.

I'll go see Guardians, X-Men, and Sin City - I'm just not pumped about it.  I could easily wait for the $1 theater for those.

Godzilla?  If the mood strikes me when it's out, sure.

I still haven't seen the first 300, so I won't check out this sequel.  Unless I see the first one before then and I'm blown away.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:52:01 AM by Tokyo Vigilante #1 » Logged
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »

^ It was all about O'Neil, Sheppard, McKay, and the women anyways. The aliens were just something to fight. (Love the Stargate series!)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »

Eh, it got 3 full seasons, which for TV these days isn't a total negative.

No, that's a hell of a lot more than I thought it got. I tried the first 4 or 5 and had to bolt. Could've sworn it was done in one.

EDIT - and remember guys, I am a tough guy when it comes to movie or tv, so never take my opinions as anything more than just that. An opinion.
 Smiley

I think ANYTIME you can find enjoyment on the small or large screen (or in a book or whatever) it is a fantastic thing.  Smiley So enjoy what you enjoy and never let me, or anyone of my ilk, make you feel bad about it.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:30:21 AM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS