HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:26:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BLACK SCIENCE  (Read 4665 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 30, 2013, 02:57:58 PM »

DAMN IT.

I can't believe I pulled this off my order!!!

I just posted about how the F4 has ran its course, well ... HELLO NEW F4!! Okay, not really an accurate description. More like, if Reed decided to say tell Sue to piss off about the family and safety and morals, and just do what he wanted to do. Sort of a Reed and Doom combo.
 Cheesy

Color and art did nothing but make this comic pop even more. Great team here. Awesome read. Hooked. Hard.

Time to start getting them back orders. (DCBS just sent an e-mail about getting an exclusive cover to issue #1, I may take them up on that)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:35:01 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »

DAMN IT.

I can't believe I pulled this off my order!!!

I just posted about how the F4 has ran its course, well ... HELLO NEW F4!! Okay, not really an accurate description. More like, if Reed decided to say tell Sue to piss off about the family and safety and morals, and just do what he wanted to do. Sort of a Reed and Doom combo.
 Cheesy

Color and art did nothing but make this comic pop even more. Great team here. Awesome read. Hooked. Hard.

Time to start getting them back orders. (DCBS just sent an e-mail about getting an exclusive cover to issue #1, I may take them up on that)

I took them up on it just to try it out.  Of course I got the one called "Black" Science.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:36:10 PM »

Of course I got the one called "Black" Science.   Wink

Cheesy
Yeah? Wonder if it is like this?
 Cheesy
(I am an idiot)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »

BLACK SCIENCE #2

Damn it, I know this is not a Fantastic Four book, but I just can't stop making comparisons to the characters of that title and this one. After last issues introduction to what I relate to as the 'Richards' (Reed, Sue, Franklin and Val), this issue brings us an introduction to what I would consider the 'Ben Grimm' character. We are also shown a little more of the 'Victor Von Doom' character that popped up last issue, as well as little joke maker that could be a 'Johnny Storm'

Hell, even Wyatt Wingfoot (First seen in FF #50) makes ... well ...  let's just say he kinda comes to mind in this issue.

That is not to say this book is not enjoyable due to that FF feeling. Oh no. Makes it that much more fun for me if anything, and while yes, I am finding myself relating this book to "Marvel's First Family" (out of true love for that group I am sure), this book, with this issue, has shown itself to be more SLIDERS than FANTASTIC FOUR. Remember that show?
  Grin

All in all, a very enjoyable title that gives us a romp through time/dimensions, that I hope remains on the shelf for a long time to come.

Besides, can't wait until we see Galactus
 Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:06:35 PM »

Can't wait to get mine and check it out!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

I think the art may be the only thing that could drive you away, Jeff. It fits perfectly with this book (as do the colors), but I can easily see where it is not for everyone. It has a "drawn fast", sketchy feel to it, that I would probably not enjoy in one of my "Hero" books to be honest, but I really think it fits well here. Sometimes the style of the book and the art just meld to make a very good product and I think that is the case here.

I mean, as much as I am a huge fan of Gene Colons art, he did so much better on a book that matched his dark, flowing style. Put him on Avengers or Iron Man and he just doesn't 'pop' for me like when he is on Dracula, Batman, Spectre or Dr. Strange. When I see his work on those type of titles, I love me some Gene.

Same with this book. This art ... and again, the coloring ... just really helps set the atmosphere of the title. Buuuuut, it may not be for everyone.
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS