HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:52:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN  (Read 5602 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 15, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »

I just read issue #21 and damn it, if Slott can keep bringing the fun like this, I will have no problems keeping this title on my pull. This was a very good, enjoyable issue.

I have been away from Spidey, off and on (mostly off) for a few years, so I had no past knowledge of this antagonist, but Slott did a bang up job of explaining her without bogging the story down.

All that and a very decent looking Spidey made for a fun comic!

Glad to be back!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »

Been following this from the beginning.

Despite hating what they did to Peter, the writing is so good I can't stop reading it and anticipating the moment it all comes apart for Doc Ock.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:49:40 AM »

You guys are making want to try this.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 02:42:20 AM »

I enjoyed the last few issues with Pete and I also enjoyed the first few issue with Otto, but again, Slott just never seems to keep me on (God knows I jumped off his Amazing more than once). But it is, on an upswing right now, but even at its lows you would probably enjoy it. You don't get as frustrated as I do.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 09:07:47 PM »

Consider this Jeff:

I am buying this. And, as grudging as I can be, I will say that I am enjoying it. I'm not reading so I can complain about it; I'm reading it to enjoy!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 03:23:38 AM »

However, I won't lie, it makes it REALLY hard to buy the arcs that Humberto Ramos draws. His paneling, compositions, etc, are nearly indiscernible to see and follow. Ugh.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »

However, I won't lie, it makes it REALLY hard to buy the arcs that Humberto Ramos draws. His paneling, compositions, etc, are nearly indiscernible to see and follow. Ugh.

He is certainly one of those artist that has very little middle ground when it comes to fans. They either love or hate his work. There are some good things I see from him (love the over-all style) and like Jimmy mentioned, sometimes it is just so muddled you're not sure what you are seeing.

As far as books he should be on, I do think Spider-Man is the best choice for his style however.  Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS