HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:18:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ALMOST HUMAN  (Read 10460 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »

Just in case you have not seen the preivews for this show, coming this week ...

ALMOST HUMAN !!!!!

3 minute preview below. Some spoilers, of course, so do not watch the entire thing if you can stop yourself.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:41:36 PM »

Looks good!  I'll be sure to check in again when the show is lambasted by Perry!  Grin Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:45 PM »

Looks good!  I'll be sure to check in again when the show is lambasted by Perry!  Grin Wink

Noooo !!!  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:56:18 AM »

I'm in on this one as well.  Although the over advertising for it during NFL football games makes me a little nervous.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »

I think I worry about it's main selling point-Karl Urban. Great as a role player, but maintaining the lead? I saw Pathfinder, I saw that second Riddick movie. Ugh!

That, and it's Fox. I seriously wonder if they know how to make good tv. However, they did actually bring back 'Raising Hope', so may be there is...erm..uh..'hope' for them yet. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »

FOX knows how to make good tv, they just don't know how to deal with it once they do. FIREFLY !!!!!!
 Wink

I think I worry about it's main selling point-Karl Urban. Great as a role player, but maintaining the lead? I saw Pathfinder, I saw that second Riddick movie. Ugh!

The third Riddick movie, maybe? I didn't see that one yet have to go remedy that today, but I saw Dredd and he was ... haha ... okay, no acting required there.  Cheesy

As long as he stays "broody/moody" I don't think I will have an issue with his acting. But again, I haven't seen that last Riddick movie, so maybe I am in for a let down.

The writing on this series scares the bajeebus out of me, however. Got my fingers crossed

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »

By second Riddick movie, I was referring to Pitch Black as the first, then 'Chronicles of Riddick' as the second. Terrible, terrible movie. Space Conan the Destroyer it was.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »

By second Riddick movie, I was referring to Pitch Black as the first, then 'Chronicles of Riddick' as the second. Terrible, terrible movie. Space Conan the Destroyer it was.

Ohhh, I didn't remember him in the second one. Crap .... now I have to go watch that also.  Cheesy (And yes, that will not be fun, as that was a bad 2 hours)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »

Ohhh, I didn't remember him in the second one. Crap .... now I have to go watch that also.  Cheesy (And yes, that will not be fun, as that was a bad 2 hours)

He's the main bad guy! The one who would be king, except he didn't pick up the main kingy weapon that means all must obey him! 'cuz that makes great gov't!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »

He's the main bad guy!

Cheesy
I remember the role, I just didn't remember Urban being the one that played it.

HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 04:14:10 AM »

Just watched the first episode and absolutely loved it!   I like the futuristic buddy cop show with Minka Kelly eye candy!  Kept waiting for Karl Urban to do his impression of McCoy though.

And you know if I like it....it means Perry will hate it!   Grin

Although I hope I'm wrong.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:43 AM »

Best line of the second episode....

"You scanned my balls?"

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 04:42:58 AM »

Grin

Actually liked it. I found the two leads had great chemistry and work very well together. The writing seemed a bit rushed in the first episode and I am not that big a fan of the plot, but it played out well enough. And I also love me some Minka Kelly.

The second episode was even better. Better paced and better story. Got my "Fringe" fix on that one.  Smiley

And hey, they had me rolling with the "You're scanning my balls?" moment
 Cheesy

EDIT - Was writing when you were I guess. Sad we both liked the ball comment.
 Cheesy

HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »

EDIT - Was writing when you were I guess. Sad we both liked the ball comment.
 Cheesy

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »

The entertainment factor I get from the show comes mostly from the technology and how the tech is used - for good or bad.  How the tech presents the problem (crime) and how the characters are going to use tech to solve the crime.

Plus, I'm a total sucker for "near future/cyberpunk/Blade Runner" type settings. (Hell, I watched the first six episode of friggin' Tek War back in the day, for crying out loud!  But if you ask me in person I will TOTALLY deny it!!!!  Wink )

Beyond that it's just a pretty basic cop show. 

Karl Urban's character interested me in the pilot, now he's just "grumpy cop character."

I enjoy the police captain played by Lili Taylor, but only due to Taylor's performance.

Like a lot of J.J. Abrams things I've seen, it's pretty basic story (sometimes cheesy) in pretty packaging. 

It has yet anything to really say except, "looky - a sci-fi cop show."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS