HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:52:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thor: The Dark World  (Read 4679 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: November 10, 2013, 04:17:18 AM »

won't put any spoilers in this until more peeps have seen it.  it's pretty good and I have come to the conclusion that Tom Hiddleston as Loki is perhaps one of the top 5 greatest villains in film of all time.

AAAANNNNDDDD....ala the avengers, there are 2 end credit scenes.  1 mid way through and one at the very end.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »

Awww.....CRAP; there was ANOTHER scene at the very, very end? Dammit!

Oh well, going again Monday. Grin

That said, I really enjoyed, really loved watching, and like it much more than the first. Why? Because the characters are established, and you can just go and run with it. Heck, I found myself wanting to see less action so the characters could actually breathe and live in their roles.

Hiddleston/Loki may very well be the best actor/character amongst all these Marvel movies. Yes, over RDJ too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:00:59 AM »

saw it last night...friggin  great movie.  it hit all the right points, the humor was perfectly timed and the action was top notch.  one of my top 3 marvel movies.  i agree with what was said above, the characters are starting show real personality instead of just being there as required for a scene.  good all around, fun movie.

while i really enjoyed the dark knight trilogy and man of steel, i would not call them "fun".  DC really need to inject some "hope" into their films if they hope to compete.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:44:02 AM »

I had a discussion with a friend of mine earlier today and I made the comment that I think that Tom Hiddleston as Loki has got to be in my top 5 film villains of all time. 

what sayest thou?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »

I highly agree, jc!

Loki trumps soooo many. Hiddleston is fantastic, and the Brothers interaction is superb, and all true to form of who Loki is.

Who didn't immediately say "I want Thor 3 NOW" the moment the first credits started running? Great stuff, that's what I think.

I had a partial want to see a trip to Hel's domain, a battle against the Executioner for the Enchantress' soul in the 3rd one...but they have really maintained a distance with that deeper ethos of mythology with this Asgard, so most likely...this won't happen.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:12 PM »

Finally made it to the theater to see this today.  Great movie!  I liked that the Loki stuff didn't overshadow this movie's villain or story.  It was just the right amount to leave me wanting more more more!

I do have to ask - what did everyone think about the first mid-credit scene?  I thought the [no spoiler] villain seemed very cheesey.  At least this portrayal did.  Makes me a little concerned for GoG film next year.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »

Finally saw this today. Damn fun, but darn it, I want more Thor off of Earth and into more of the other realms. They did a great job of getting in what they could however, so just a personal desire more than anything.

I do have to ask - what did everyone think about the first mid-credit scene?  I thought the [no spoiler] villain seemed very cheesey. 

I can see where you would get that, but I thought it was very close to what the comics portray
the Collector
as being and as he is really nothing more than spot character, why not keep him as close to the comic as possible. I mean, as soon as I saw him I knew who it was (even with the costume change) and what was going on. To me, that made the scene work. That being said I still understand what you mean as he came awfully damn close to being
Will Farrels Mugatu character in ZOOLANDER.

I mean how far off is ...
. To .....

Not much
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS