HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:56:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just Finished Batman: Arkham City  (Read 3981 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: November 03, 2013, 02:42:25 AM »

One of the best games this generation, bar-none!

Absolutely fantastic Batman game that manages to beat the first one, even. There's just so much to do, explore, and find. And the way Batman moves around the city with the glide-cape and grappling hook combination is just so satisfying to use. So much comic-related goodies to find and unlock, too. It really pays a lot of fan-service to fans of the Batman comics, including lots of Batman's Rogue's gallery showing up to face off against. Plus you get to play as Catwoman and Robin, as well. And oh man, the graphics and general atmosphere the game protrayed was so Gotham City...so Batman. It was fantastic!

However, the one area where Arkham Asylum was better, was the storyline. Asylum felt more tight, focused, and story-driven; and it really felt like I had just read a great Batman graphic novel, when I was finished. Arkham City still had a great Batman tale to tell, but it wasn't as tight and focused as the story was in the Arkham Asylum, so it just didn't come off as impactful.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:27:09 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »

I don't normally pay full price for games, choosing instead to wait 6 months to a year after release to get it cheaper.  This one I paid full price for and never regretted it.  I got months of playtime out of it.

For the first time ever, I actually preordered a game and Arkham Origins is sitting on my desk waiting for me.  I hope it's as good as this one was!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »

I still haven't played this game yet, but checking up the used prices, the game is only $17.99! I know what to do over winter break this year!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS