HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:03:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Today is the 25th Anniversary of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive  (Read 3486 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: October 30, 2013, 02:53:16 AM »

Apparantly today is the 25th anniversary of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

I had a Genesis, but after what I'd call the "prime" of it's life. Most people started with a Genesis then got a SNES. I actually went the other way around. Got a SNES, played the hell out of it, then thought I was missing something over on the Sega side of things and traded my SNES stuff in for Genesis stuff at FuncoLand.

I did have a lot of fun with my Genesis. The main reasons I got it was for the Sonic the Hedgehog games, X-Men 2, and the Golden Axe games. After that I really got into the 2 Vectorman games, Comix Zone, and of course got the Mortal Kombats to play with my friends.

I still love my Genesis because of the value it offers in collecting. For the most part, the Genesis is dirt freaking cheap to collect for. Yet it has a great library of games including a LOT of hidden gems on top of a ton of well-known classics.

I wish Sega was still making consoles. They offered a unique style of gaming.

What are some of your favorite Sega Genesis games, memories, or thoughts?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:29:56 AM »

I really loved playing the Genesis. Sonic, (1,2,and 3) were balls-out, a blitz of a blast to play!

Golden Axes', Sword of Vermillion (rpg), Altered Beast, Road Rash 2; some of my all time favorites. That system seemed to do so much, so fast, that yeah, even the SNES didn't seem to do.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS