HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:36:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-Men:Days of Future Past Trailer!  (Read 13332 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »

9.  The scene that takes place while breaking Magneto out of jail where Quicksilver moves all of the bullets around to keep them from hitting anyone.  While listening to his headphones.

I just realized something about this scene.

We're Walkman's around in 1973?

Well as I am not looking at this ... even now when the spoiler tag doesn't work  (when replying  Smiley) ... I will have to let ya know my thoughts on your thoughts in about 5 months.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 01:45:50 AM »

I will go on record as saying that this movie IS better than Winter Soldier. Not by a landslide, but Days of Future Past just had me glued to the screen the entire time. It was pretty epic in its scope, and combining the casts from all the previous movies was a joy to watch. I've read the comic, and none of the things that Jeff mentions bothered me one bit. But I tend to not dwell on details and simply let the sheer awesomeness of this comic adaption wash over me! Fantastic movie.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »

Yes.  I'm going to see it again at some point now that my expectations are in check.  My complaints really are minor in comparison to cool parts.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »

I truly, really enjoyed it.

The Kitty angle,er, macguffin for time travel? Eh, oh well. There was a lot of spotty exposition to get the movie started. The only thing I hoped for was a goofy X-men power team up that always seemed to happen now and then. Blink! Open a small wormhole in Kitty's mind! Xavier! Control her consciousness with your power! Kitty! Phase your powers through that consciousness! Magneto! Spin real fast in a circle while Cyclops hits you with an eyebeam! Something like that. Wink

I obviously loved erasing X3. Considering this, you can say that perhaps 1 and 2 can still properly stand. At least, anything directed by Singer will be still used.

If you think too much about getting all the continuity right between this and the Wolverine movies, you are going to blow your head off. Cheesy

The pure goofyness I didn't care for, (and this was when I increased my dosage of Stupid Pills, was wondering how A) Magneto wrapping metal into the  73' sentinels allows him to control their programming, and B) once Magneto passes out, they just shut off. Ugh. Damn you Episode 1 for now setting the benchmark for how all movies can end a warring presence (Avengers also gets included in this slight!)

There was also some of the drug therapy angle I thought was a bit foolish. One, Hank essentially creates a cure for spinal cord injuries to end paralysis!!! And never shares it with the world!!  But it causes Xavier's mental powers to stop! ....what? Ok, pure plot contrivance, sure. Whatever. Pop a stupid pill, and move on. Continue to enjoy. Cheesy

For me, Winter Soldier still stands higher, but man, the X-franchise is in a GREAT place now. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 02:53:51 AM »

9.  The scene that takes place while breaking Magneto out of jail where Quicksilver moves all of the bullets around to keep them from hitting anyone.  While listening to his headphones.

I just realized something about this scene.

We're Walkman's around in 1973?

I wondered that as well.  actually I wondered...
if those kind of headphones were around back then.

I liked it. 
it totally erased the god-awful X3 failure.  it was also nice to see jean and scott back.  somehow I missed all spoilers about that.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 04:48:35 AM »

***SPOILERS AHEAD!!!****

Freaking awesome! I loved it! Great story, great special effects, great characters, and it wasn't completely focused on Wolverine! And the actors did a superb job. Loved the choice of mutants we saw in the future, too. Blink looked great! And that final after-credit scene: freaking APOCALYPSE!!! (How awesome would it be if it was "Age of Apocalypse?) Better than all that, Brett Ratner's screwing-up of the franchise has now been erased thanks to the fixed timeline! Quicksilver was great. I loved the scenes with him in. The little tie-in to X-Men Origins: Wolverine with Stryker was cool.

Wanted to point out another problem with the Quicksilver-Walkman scene, not only were Walkmans not around, but how was the music playing at a speed where Quicksilver could hear a good portion of the song while he was moving in-between seconds?

My one problem with it: How did Professor Xavier survive his death in X-Men 3 (before Wolverine changed the timeline)?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »

My one problem with it: How did Professor Xavier survive his death in X-Men 3 (before Wolverine changed the timeline)?

In the after credits of X-Men 3 Xavier's consciencness was transferred to Moria's patient. I can only assume they found a way to get it back into a body for him.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »

In the after credits of X-Men 3 Xavier's consciencness was transferred to Moria's patient. I can only assume they found a way to get it back into a body for him.

Which is a perfectly X-meny thing to do. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »

Somebody else was explaining that to me and saying that it was actually Professor Xavier's twin brother they put him into, if you watch the commentary.

First of all, I didn't even know Professor X ever had a twin brother. And secondly, Xavier would never impose his consciousness over someone else's, even if it was a life or death situation.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

I'm not aware of a twin brother in comic lore but he does have a twin sister, Cassandra Nova.  Either way though I agree with you.  Charles wouldn't impose himself over someone else.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 03:51:47 AM »

my theory is that Chuck is still in the patient's body as seen in X3 and he is just projecting his original appearance into everyones mind.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS