HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:12:18 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - October 16  (Read 4445 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 17, 2013, 05:25:24 PM »

Queuing up for my end of month shipment:

ALL NEW X-MEN #17 
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG (VU) #14
BATMAN #24  
CABLE AND X-FORCE #15 
ETERNAL WARRIOR (VU) #2
FOREVER EVIL #2 (OF 7) 
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #7 
INFINITY #4 (OF 6) 
MORNING GLORIES #32 (MR) 
MORNING GLORIES #33 (MR) 
NEW AVENGERS #11 INF 
SIDEKICK #3 (MR) 
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #14 
UNCANNY X-MEN #13 
WALKING DEAD #115 CVR A (MR) 
WALKING DEAD TYREESE SPECIAL (MR) 
X-MEN #6 
X-O MANOWAR (VU) #18

Picked up at the LCS:

AVENGERS #21 INF
Forever Evil Arkham War #1
Forever Evil Rogues Rebellion #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #8 FOREVER EVIL

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »

My incredibly huge haul, also in queue for end of the month shipping -

BATMAN #24
BATMAN AND TWO FACE #24
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #14
BLOODSHOT & HARD CORPS (VU) #15
LAZARUS TP VOL 01 (MR)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »

So the one title I told my comic shop guy to keep after cancelling my orders, he didn't get in my box. This month is still on order. He got all the rest, but not that one. And yes, I did pre-order it before I ever cancelled my future orders.

So frustrating, especially since this was the issue I was looking forward to the most. Superior Spider-Man #19.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »

So the one title I told my comic shop guy to keep after cancelling my orders, he didn't get in my box. This month is still on order. He got all the rest, but not that one. And yes, I did pre-order it before I ever cancelled my future orders.

So frustrating, especially since this was the issue I was looking forward to the most. Superior Spider-Man #19.

That sucks.  Shame that the ONE book you told him to pull he missed.  I hate going to the shop for just one book, and it's not there.  It shouldn't be hard to find though.  Spidey is overprinted for sure. 

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:26:45 AM »

That sucks.  Shame that the ONE book you told him to pull he missed.  I hate going to the shop for just one book, and it's not there.  It shouldn't be hard to find though.  Spidey is overprinted for sure. 

Turns out he didn't order ANY of them, for anyone. Made a mistake on the orders. He also said he tried to re-order them, and they were already sold-out. Had to buy it online and pay shipping.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:55 AM »

He also said he tried to re-order them, and they were already sold-out. Had to buy it online and pay shipping.

Is this a comic shop or just a shop that buys comics ... like a gaming store or book store? I ask because you have said he also keeps no inventory and never orders more comics than his customers do.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »

He also said he tried to re-order them, and they were already sold-out. Had to buy it online and pay shipping.

Is this a comic shop or just a shop that buys comics ... like a gaming store or book store? I ask because you have said he also keeps no inventory and never orders more comics than his customers do.

It's a "collectibles" shop. Comics, sports memorabilia, gaming cards, autographed framed photos, etc.

He does order a handful of extra comics, on the top highest selling titles only. But for the most part, he orders enough for his pre-order customers, and if you aren't there on Wednesday, when comics go out, and you didn't pre-order it; then chances are you aren't gonna get it.

However in this case, I don't think he's ever made a mistake that big. This was a one-time screw-up.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »

This was a one-time screw-up.

Oh I hear ya. Just wanted to verify that the "comics" side was not his only (or main) source of income, so the mistake was not the killer one that it could've been. Mistakes happen, without doubt.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »

What I got all this week:

DC Comics:
-Batman Beyond Universe #3
-Batman/Superman #4
-Green Lantern: New Guardians #24 (Lights Out)

Marvel Comics:
-Superior Spider-Man #19 (still waiting on it to show-up)
-Uncanny X-Men #13 (Battle of the Atom)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS