HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:42:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Doom 2099 Issues  (Read 10351 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: October 11, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »

I see that many online places have them. But no shop has all the issues I'm looking for. And the shipping & handling prices are killing me.

I know these issues are dirt cheap bargain bin issues, so I'm looking to pay around a 50 cents to a dollar each on those, if possible, give or take (or a trade for them would be preferable if you wanted). And I'm not that particular on condition as long as the cover is intact and it's all readable.

Here's what I'm looking for:

-2099 A.D.: Genesis #1
-2099: World of Tomorrow #8
-Doom 2099 #39, 40, 44

Thanks for any help you can provide!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:33:38 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

I see that many online places have them. But no shop has all the issues I'm looking for. And the shipping & handling prices are killing me.

Grin
That bad, huh? What online sites are you looking at so I can avoid them in the future.

Not sure how much pain this will cause, but Midtown has almost all the issues you want, for about $1.15 each (Cheaper if you can take the VG's) and their shipping is based on what you spend. Only $4.99 shipping if you hit in the $25.01-$50.00 dollar range, and a mere $3.99 if you spend in the $25-$10 range.

Not really the COST OF DEATH !!!!  Grin

But if I am out in the next couple of days, and am near one of the two bigger shops in the area (I know the two closest to me will not have them), I will check and see what they have. However, that is still going to be at least $1 an issue and about $5 to ship. I am almost sure. And, like you said, finding them all in the same place is going to be fun as well. But again, I will look and see if I'm out. Maybe Tuesday I can hit at least one of them, if not this weekend.
(No GHOST RIDER or UNLIMITED?)

EDIT - my bad, I thought they had more DOOM 2099 than they actually did, the have the first few you wanted, but not much after that. My bad. Again, I will try and check around here in a couple days.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:46:06 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »

Grin
That bad, huh? What online sites are you looking at so I can avoid them in the future.

Not sure how much pain this will cause, but Midtown has almost all the issues you want, for about $1.15 each (Cheaper if you can take the VG's) and their shipping is based on what you spend. Only $4.99 shipping if you hit in the $25.01-$50.00 dollar range, and a mere $3.99 if you spend in the $25-$10 range.

Not really the COST OF DEATH !!!!  Grin

But if I am out in the next couple of days, and am near one of the two bigger shops in the area (I know the two closest to me will not have them), I will check and see what they have. However, that is still going to be at least $1 an issue and about $5 to ship. I am almost sure. And, like you said, finding them all in the same place is going to be fun as well. But again, I will look and see if I'm out. Maybe Tuesday I can hit at least one of them, if not this weekend.
(No GHOST RIDER or UNLIMITED?)

Cool, thanks, I'll check them out. $1.15 isn't that bad.

And it's not one shipping price that's killing me. It's buying some here, some there, and some over here, each with their own shipping price that I meant.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »

Yeah, I just edited my post. They didn't have a much as I thought, but most are 88¢ though, for the cheaper ones.

And also, yes, when you start buying from multiple locations it can be a pain in the wallet.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 12:55:55 AM »

Mycomicshop.com has all of them and range from 90 cents to $4 depending on the issue.  Most are in the $1 range.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 09:27:22 AM »

Mycomicshop.com has all of them and range from 90 cents to $4 depending on the issue.  Most are in the $1 range.

Yeah, but I couldn't find a shipping cost page from them. And as it has been years since I dealt with them, I didn't want to just assume they would also be in the $5 or $6 range, so I didn't post them. If you can vouch for their shipping cost, then problem solved.
 Smiley

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

I found nearly all the "Doom 2099" issues from a seller on Comic Collector Live who got them gathered for me.  I didn't pay much either, as he happened to be having a sale. 50 cents each on nearly all of them.

Now I need the Fantastic Four 2099 and 2099: World of Tomorrow issues. Updated the list on my first post.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:36:34 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »

Yeah, but I couldn't find a shipping cost page from them. And as it has been years since I dealt with them, I didn't want to just assume they would also be in the $5 or $6 range, so I didn't post them. If you can vouch for their shipping cost, then problem solved.
 Smiley

Yeah their shipping cost is around $6.  I still buy from them pretty often.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »

Sweet.
 Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS