HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:14:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INHUMANITY  (Read 20882 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »

Well not quite the system they employ, but okay, hate all ya want.  Cheesy

I guess I meant caste system......the whole hierarchy thing bothers me for no good reason except it just does.  Cheesy

As for puberty being a lame source of power for mutants, there's a difference.  The x-factor is up to a point wholly random and latent for the select few who unknowingly possess the special gene.  It's not simply basking in some mists, that mutate your genes naturally, and get some arbitrary powers.  Grin Grin

And Blackagar Boltagon?  I think it's definitely too late to plead their case as a group I can take seriously and check out.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »

The x-factor is up to a point wholly random and latent for the select few who unknowingly possess the special gene.  It's not simply basking in some mists, that mutate your genes naturally, and get some arbitrary powers. 

What? That is not how that works. The X gene and the Inhuman gene are essentially the same thing, just triggered by a different apparatus  Smiley

You, like Jimmy, just want to hate them. Go on then, be a Republican  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

You, like Jimmy, just want to hate them. Go on then, be a Republican  Grin

Hey!  I like the Inhumans!   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 10:30:12 PM »

You, like Jimmy, just want to hate them. Go on then, be a Republican  Grin

Hey!  I like the Inhumans!   Grin

Cheesy
I meant the ones that cause all the problems. The far, faaaar right. Not you or your kind.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 10:30:54 PM »

The x-factor is up to a point wholly random and latent for the select few who unknowingly possess the special gene.  It's not simply basking in some mists, that mutate your genes naturally, and get some arbitrary powers. 

What? That is not how that works. The X gene and the Inhuman gene are essentially the same thing, just triggered by a different apparatus  Smiley

Not exactly. The Inhumans power come from the Skrulls messing with their people's genetics way back when. Mutants are from a natural step in evolution.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »

My disdain for the Inhumans is very similar to my disdain for Namor.....their high-falutin, hoity-toity demeanor....

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »

Oh, you just despise royalty  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »

Pssstttt ... Jimmy ... Skip to about 6:44 minute mark for a special message ...
 Wink

(Warning INHUMANITY spoilers in video from 2:00 to 4:00 mark)

Click HERE !!!

Smiley

EDIT - Plus at the very end, he shows he is a huge fan of your ARROW (and even spoils the last episode if you haven't seen it)
 Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:44:17 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »

Actually, I do know that that book is amazing. It's Paul Jenkins Cheesy

That said, I still don't care about the Inhumans. HA!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 04:52:22 PM »

Cheesy
And now you understand why you will never change my mind about Super-pooper  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 03:22:44 AM »

..touché good sir, touché....*bows*

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »

..touché good sir, touché....*bows*

But then again, I have at least read some good SuperMan stories here and there  Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »

Well, kinda want it more now ... Charles Soule is the replacement for Fraction. Been hearing some really good things about this writer and while Fraction can hit for me (FF, IRON FIST, HAWKEYE among some great ones ... hell, his IRON MAN run was about as good as you can get ... not to mention his Thor one-shots that were spectacular), he can also miss, and miss badly (FEAR ITSELF, DEFENDERS, F4), so there was a little worry going into this title.

Not to say that worry isn't there still, but now I have no expectations or preconceived notions!!  Smiley

Bleeding Cool has the story HERE

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »

Charles Soule has one of the new generation Green Lantern books, and also Superman/Wonder Woman title. He's writing comics, and I don't think it's awful. But I've read all of 4 comics total by him as of now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »

His star is on the rise to say the least. I give it another month or two or three and I think we will see the rare Marvel exclusive contract for him.
(I say rare because both Marvel and DC don't go out of their way to sign those "exclusive" contrasts anymore like they were prone to in years past)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS