HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:04:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INHUMANITY  (Read 20883 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 26, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »

Is anyone going to pickup this Marvel Inhumans event?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

Yep. Well, I am going to get the on-going. I am not getting anything else to do with it, other than the first issue one shot

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »

Nope. I'm having Marvel Event burnout. I'm sick of the Avengers having 20 different titles to follow, titles relaunching every couple of months, and one crossover crossing into another.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:42:24 AM »

I'm with Nate. I left Marvel's continual herpes flare up/comic events many moons again. When this was being marketed within the early days of Infinity, I said that's just lame.

That, and I can't stand the Inhumans. For me, I truly cannot understand them from actual sociology aspect; how do they function? What do they eat? Is there a hierarchy of class? Social strife? All they have ever been is people standing in a throne room or just people fighting.

All surface coolness, but no depth of culture. Blah.

So yeah, I'm passing this up.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »

That, and I can't stand the Inhumans. For me, I truly cannot understand them from actual sociology aspect; how do they function? What do they eat? Is there a hierarchy of class? Social strife? All they have ever been is people standing in a throne room or just people fighting.

What the ... ? WHAT? I guess you never read the Paul Jenkins / Jae Lee series because a lot of that is in there. That series exploded and expanded the very nature of the Inhumans and the society they live in and under.

It was even further expanded upon in the short lived INHUMANS seires a few years back.

I think your mind is still stuck on the 70's Inhumans, because that is not how they are represented now. Shame on you, Jimmy. Bringing that kinda hate to the Inhumans.
 Grin

What the Inhumans are now is what the X-Men used to be when they were a comic worth reading (apologies to those that currently read X-Men titles)  Cheesy

All surface coolness, but no depth of culture. Blah.

Seriously, go read that 12 issue Jenkins/Lee run. Culture over'floweth  Grin

Again, yes, I am looking forward to the Inhumans series

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:21 PM »

Aw, Perry, I just couldn't. I know that series was always very well received, but the Inhumans always had a coolness factor about them I just couldn't get my mind around.

I think it's akin to the whole generation of people who loved Boba Fett for his 13 minutes of screen time in Return of the Jedi-and I had no idea why, especially when he died originally screaming like a little girl. That's how I see Inhumans. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »

Aw, Perry, I just couldn't. I know that series was always very well received, but the Inhumans always had a coolness factor about them I just couldn't get my mind around.

And you obviously don't want to try and change your opinion of them. Funny, I kind of remember you and I having the same discussion on Superman. But at least I keep trying to find books that will make me like him
 Wink

Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »

I plan on picking it up.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »

After some soul searching (previewing what comics are on the horizon) I just canceled my order of this and plan on skipping the INHUMANS title. I am saddened by this, but as I will be adding more Batman and Spidey back on my pull, plus the Surfer getting his own title again, I am still trying to say about 5 or 6 titles a month so this had to go.

Of course, once Surfer starts that means I will be buying two titles by Slott a month. My track record with him ... oh boy ... am a scareded ...

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »

After some soul searching (previewing what comics are on the horizon) I just canceled my order of this and plan on skipping the INHUMANS title. I am saddened by this, but as I will be adding more Batman and Spidey back on my pull, plus the Surfer getting his own title again, I am still trying to say about 5 or 6 titles a month so this had to go.

Of course, once Surfer starts that means I will be buying two titles by Slott a month. My track record with him ... oh boy ... am a scareded ...

You always seem to be distraught over cancelling this or that. Why do you keep doing it if you want to read these books?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »

Because I have a bad habit that I am trying to control - too much comic buying  Cheesy I am trying, and have been for about 6 years, to go to an all Hardcover or Trade readership. All comics read better in that form, I like the book shelf display factor instead of "in a box" somewhere that you can't display and I don't keep any monthly comics anyway (I sell them all on Ebay), so going to that format makes sense for me.

However, If I can't get my habit of buying monthly under control, I will never make the switch.

I have done well over the past few years (gone from preordering and LCS buying of about 40 titles a month, down to about 20 preorder titles and now currently down to about 5 titles total) but my goal is to eliminate monthlies totally.

The logic side of me loves canceling titles, as I know it will help me reach the "no monthly" goal, but the fan in me hates canceling titles because I have to wait to read them. Plus, what normally happens is I cancel one, but order a different title and I am right back at square 1 again.

I just get mad at myself for not being able to make the switch and I voice it here as some sort of personal therapy.  Grin

(Still in shock I have maintain my 5 titles for so long, but I am sooo cheating having a friend that lets me read his stack)  Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »

And after all that caterwauling to get me to go after it; !!!!!!

Just kiddin' ya Perry. Wink

I won't pick it up on the principle that it's a Marvel event. HA!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »

Grin
No all that was to get you to read the INHUMANS 12 parter by Jenkins. A book I stand strongly behind as a book that highlights what you found lacking in them originally.

(Hopefully your local library will have a copy *dropping hint*)
 Wink

Besides, having read more into where Fraction is .. seemingly ... taking this incarnation, not sure I want to go down the hole after all.

What ruined the X-Men for me was the overabundance of characters, making them not the fighting minority they once were, as well as the many books that had to come out of that fact. I fear that may be the route they are taking the Inhumans. Not just making more of them, but diluting the very thing that makes them great. Well, great for me anyway.
 Grin

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 03:59:10 AM »

Not interested in this even in the slightest.

I am BOTH burnt out by all events by the Big Two, and I have no interest in the Inhumans....Never have, never will....

The feudal system they got going on there bores me to tears, and Terrigen Mists ranks up there as the lamest source of power EVER.

Jeff should do the Inhumans next for the Love em or Hate em thread......I hate em.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 05:20:54 AM »

The feudal system they got going on there bores me to tears,

Smiley
Well not quite the system they employ, but okay, hate all ya want.  Cheesy

And the Mist is NOT the source of their power. It activates the gene. They are just like latent mutants. So if you think that is lame ... okay, following your thought process ... Mutants activate the gene when they hit puberty. Yes, by growing pubic hair they become "special". That is not a lame source of power?
 Cheesy

EDIT - HHAHA, just added the title back on. My defense of them had me missing them.  Grin

And if you are going to try and pull the "lame" card on the Inhumans, you should channel Karnak and strike at the true weak (lame) point, their true names. I mean Black Bolts name is Blackagar Boltagon.
 Cheesy
Come on ... now that is as lame as Liam Neesons so called "acting"
 Cheesy

EDIT 2 -  Grin

Was looking for a new Inhumans wallpaper and ... well ... Also lame ... some of the Inhuman fans.

HAHAHA. WHAT THE ??
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:37:39 AM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS