HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:39:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 76511 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2015, 10:59:57 AM »

Shocked

COMMANDER ADAMAAAAaaaaaa !!!!!!!

So Skyler's mom
is not the peace loving little Inhuman after all.  Cheesy And I got sucked right into thinking that Riana was trying to pull a fast one when she was saying that she should meet the agents and not Jiaying, yet she was telling the truth the entire time. Good writing and a great way to twist it there.
Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2015, 02:42:11 PM »

Shocked

COMMANDER ADAMAAAAaaaaaa !!!!!!!

So Skyler's mom
is not the peace loving little Inhuman after all.  Cheesy And I got sucked right into thinking that Riana was trying to pull a fast one when she was saying that she should meet the agents and not Jiaying, yet she was telling the truth the entire time. Good writing and a great way to twist it there.
Cheesy

Agree!  Should make the upcoming episodes VERY interesting!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2015, 11:20:07 PM »

Wow, what a great season closer that was. That ending?!?!? Holy hell.

Plus, the fight with Ward and ... forgot her name. That was great. Love what Ward ending up doing. Jacked him all up. Good!  Grin

And Fitz and Simmons!!! just ... great episode all around.

Just makes me wonder ... going this balls out on the Inumans in this tv show, how will they work the Royal Family in when it hits the big screen? Are they currently in the blue area of the moon? I know the movie got pushed back because of Marvel getting Spider-Man, well the right to use him, but I know they are not leaving the main Inhumans on the chopping block. They worked too hard to get the Mutants out. They are not gonna give up on the Inhumans.

And Still seeing where the X-Books are
gonna be on their own [world/moon] and essentially out of the way of the other Marvel characters for awhile. I like the idea, having the mutants be once again on their own ... as it were.
Not sure how my brain just went in that direction, but there it is.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »

I totally agree.  GREAT SEASON ENDING!

A lot to love here and I can't think of anything NOT to love.  We almost zipped past that cliff hanger ending because we thought everything was all tied up.  Just amazing finale.

Coulson!!
My jaw almost disengaged from my body when Mac chopped off Coulson's arm.  When I finally recovered enough to look at the wife, I found her frozen with both arms up and mouth wide open.  WTF!!  Just goes to show that this show isn't afraid to go places unexpected.

The Inhumans
I was thinking maybe this was going to be a rogue faction of the Inhumans so when the royal family eventually gets involved these characters wouldn't matter as much.  Now that Skye's mom is dead though that's not the case.  Not really sure how they are going to play it up to the movie.

Bobbi & Hunter
I read that the renewal of Agent Carter may have derailed the spin off for Bobbi and Hunter.  With a million different CSI's on TV I don't see why this should be sidelined/delayed.   Angry  Glad to see they had a happy ending though and I just knew Bobbi was going to take the bullet for him.  Even so, loved the dramatic build up to it.

Secret Warriors
Just like in Secret Warriors, Daisy is going to lead a SHIELD super team?  I am so on board for that!

Cliff Hanger
WTF was that thing?!?  Noooooooooo.  Just when Fitz and Simmons are opening up to each other...BAM..another shot to the gut.

Lots to ponder and savor over the next few months.  Here's to hoping that will tie me over until the new season arrives!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2015, 02:40:57 PM »

So...yeah, I'll still do the spoiler tag for the Season Finale as well.

Shield can certainly ramp up their season finales; that's for sure! My criticisms of past eps and my own general feelings still stand for the show, but at least they have resolutions to pan out and pay off.

Coulson's arm...friggin' great. But with Deathlok around, that tech is going to be there to replace his hand, but at least the moment has always occurred!

Bobbi and Hunter....I for one wasn't looking forward to a spinoff show, in all honesty. I really didn't think it would exist on it's own enough to really justify it. That's just my other side of the coin thinking.

Cal...while being a big dumb goof initially (and a little too small looking in Hyde persona), turned around to be the most interesting person this season. Not sure how I feel on the mindwipe. It took away everything he did (ask all the dead agents' families if they would agree with this), it was done more as a personal favor than due process, but it also took away his daughter. That's...that's rough.

And Simmons...WTF... Cheesy wowsers that hit.

Also, for a very technical computer agency, could they turn on some damn lights in their HQ? Sheesh it's dark.  Cool

And I meant to bring it up in a different thread, but Ward. Ward (and Merlyn from Arrow)...why are these guys alive? How did they allow a team up with him, then let him 'get away' from an arctic base? And come to an agreement? Again, this is comicbook/soap opera drama to keep the bad guy (who has more personality at times than others) around. While it may be interesting, what happens is that villain then loses his teeth for dastardlyness (ala characters from Buffy or Angel), or it becomes ridiculous that he's been let to live as long as he will (ala Buffy or Angel Wink ).

Cool cliffhangers, enough to keep me hooked, a jam packed last ep (Skye versus Multiple Woman was awesome!), I'll come back around.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »

Bobbi and Hunter....I for one wasn't looking forward to a spinoff show, in all honesty. I really didn't think it would exist on it's own enough to really justify it. That's just my other side of the coin thinking.

I agree.
There was no reason for this to exist and would have ended pretty soon. The reason they work on THIS show is the amount of time we see them. A full hour or even a half hour would just be too much for me. I do enjoy them as a team, but I think the Mr. and Mr. Smith type of show would get kinda old and I have no desire to see a lovey-dovey show.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »

To be fair, I've thought this way about Shield, in comics and here, for most of the time.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/18/of-course-shield-are-the-bad-guys-youve-only-just-realised/

I wouldn't call them "bad guys"...well...yeah, they make terrible decisions as long as their group is fine with it....but yeah, their overreach and oversight into procedure always drives me crazy.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2015, 06:02:53 PM »

Total Governmental Control

SHIELD

Selling a Halcyonian Enviroment Insuring Everyone Loses Democracy  Wink

EDIT because I can't spell "Sellying" HAHA

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:06:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2015, 02:44:15 PM »

HA! Nice! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »

holy crap what an ending.  the season itself has been really strong but this
mini inhuman war
has been great. lots of twist and turns and surprise reveals.  I'm hoping the fate of the final scene is not as fatal as it looked but right before it happened I was thinking to myself that everything was wrapping up a bit too cleanly and then bang it happened.  still have no idea what that thing is.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2015, 09:19:58 PM »

... and then bang it happened.  still have no idea what that thing is.

Yeah, totally clueless other than what they said in the show.
Some anti-Inhuman devise or something that is dangerous to them at least. But damn sure seems dangerous to humans as well, unless ...
 Shocked
... could Simmons be an Inhuman?

Oh just thought of something, could
this mound of living rock actually be the Kree Supreme Intelligence somehow?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »

Oh just thought of something, could
this mound of living rock actually be the Kree Supreme Intelligence somehow?

If this is true are you saying.....
the Kree Supreme Intelligence ate Simmons???

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2015, 10:24:37 PM »

Well
it is a collection of the most intelligent people.
  Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »

Well
it is a collection of the most intelligent people.
  Wink

Ah haaaaa!  That could be interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS