HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:14:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1 More Sign Marvel's Marketing Mistakes Are in the Past  (Read 3997 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »

For you investing Realmers.....story copied below; click link for video.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/09/15/1-more-sign-marvels-marketing-mistakes-are-in-the.aspx

1 More Sign Marvel's Marketing Mistakes Are in the Past

By Tim Beyers
September 15, 2013

Source: Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel's marketing is switching into high gear. After failing to use its comics to fully publicize new movie properties, Infinity, a comic-book limited series with ties to next summer's Guardians of the Galaxy movie, was last month's top-seller, according to data supplied by The Comics Chronicles.

Infinity isn't a direct tie-in, per se, but rather a teaser that features the villain Thanos, who appeared at the end of last summer's Marvel's The Avengers. Director James Gunn is to expected to reveal more about the character's role in the wide Marvel Cinematic Universe in Guardians, Fool contributor Tim Beyers says in the following video.

That's an important change in Marvel's marketing, Tim says. Rewind to Iron Man 3. Though the film was an unqualified success, Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS  ) might have won more readers of its comics by having more promotional materials tied to the film available on opening weekend, which also happened to be Free Comic Book Day.

Marvel's marketing team seems to have learned its lesson in the months since. Does that make Disney stock a buy? Tim addresses this question in the video. Please watch for more.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:13:45 PM »

Okay, this guy seems like a nice guy, and I don't want to bash him too terribly, but with comments like "After failing to use its comics to fully publicize new movie properties", it is painfully obvious this 'investor' doesn't understand the comic/film dynamic.

He is kinda correct when he states that the more Marvel shows the comic reader more guardians in the comics, the more they will be inclined to make the initial push at the box office to see them, but other than that, I think he is reading too much into things.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »

For being a success, it sure has bored me, so far. And I've always been a big fan of Marvel's cosmic scene (Jim Starlin and Dan Abnett are awesome!)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »

To me, it just lacks emotion. The story is so grand in scope that while Hickman is telling a good story, it has no passion and seems cold. There is no rage in the anger, no joy, just a story of events, not a story of the people involved in the event. The story and plot are moving while it seems the characters are just a prop.

Hickman's AVENGERS suffered the same thing. His NEW AVENGERS on the other hand, showed more characterization and thus read more like an interesting story.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS