HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:02:12 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3D Villains Month Checklist  (Read 36950 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

WEDNESDAY 9/4/13
1      Action Comics #23.1 Cyborg Superman #1
2      Batman #23.1 The Joker #1
3      Batman and Robin #23.1 Two-Face #1
4      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.1 The Ventriloquist #1
5      Detective Comics #23.1 Poison Ivy #1
6      Earth-2 #15.1 Desaad #1
7      Green Arrow #23.1 Count Vertigo #1
8      Green Lantern #23.1 Relic #1
9      Justice League #23.1 Darkseid #1
10      Justice League Dark #23.1 The Creeper #1
11      Justice League of America #7.1 Deadshot #1
12      Superman #23.1 Bizarro #1
13      The Flash #23.1 Gorilla Grodd #1

WEDNESDAY 9/11/13
14      Action Comics #23.2 General Zod #1
15      Aquaman #23.1 Black Manta #1
16      Batman #23.2 The Riddler #1
17      Batman and Robin #23.2 The Court of Owls #1
18      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.2 Mr. Freeze #1
19      Detective Comics #23.2 Harley Quinn #1
20      Earth-2 #15.2 Solomon Grundy #1
21      Green Lantern #23.2 Mongul #1
22      Justice League #23.2 Lobo #1
23      Justice League of America #7.2 Killer Frost #1
24      Superman #23.2 Brainiac #1
25      Teen Titans #23.1 Trigon #1
26      The Flash #23.2 Reverse-Flash #1

WEDNESDAY 9/18/13
27      Action Comics #23.3 Lex Luthor #1
28      Batman #23.3 The Penguin #1
29      Batman and Robin #23.3 Ra’s al Ghul and the League of Assassins #1
30      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.3 Clayface #1
31      Detective Comics #23.3 The Scarecrow #1
32      Green Lantern #23.3 Black Hand #1
33      Justice League #23.3 Dial E #1
34      Justice League Dark #23.2 Eclipso #1
35      Justice League of America #7.3 Shadow Thief #1
36      Superman #24.3 H’el #1
37      Swamp Thing #23.1 Arcane #1
38      Teen Titans #23.2 Deathstroke #1
39      The Flash #23.3 The Rogues #1
40      Wonder Woman #3.1 Cheetah #1

WEDNESDAY 9/25/13
41      Action Comics #23.4 Metallo #1
42      Aquaman #23.2 Ocean Master #1
43      Batman #23.4 Bane #1
44      Batman and Robin #23.4 Killer Croc #1
45      Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday #1
46      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.4 The Joker’s Daughter #1
47      Detective Comics #23.4 Man-Bat #1
48      Green Lantern #23.4 Sinestro #1
49      Justice League #23.4 Secret Society of Super-Villians #1
50      Justice League of America #7.4 Black Adam #1
51      Superman #24.4 Parasite #1
52      Wonder Woman #3.2 First Born #1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »

So I've been hooked on the 3D covers and I'm working towards getting them all.  Here's what I've got so far:

WEDNESDAY 9/4/13      
1      Action Comics #23.1 Cyborg Superman #1      Acquired
2      Batman #23.1 The Joker #1      In my monthly sub service from DCBS  Acquired
3      Batman and Robin #23.1 Two-Face #1      On Order from LCS  Acquired
4      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.1 The Ventriloquist #1      On Order from eBay  Acquired
5      Detective Comics #23.1 Poison Ivy #1      On Order from eBay  Acquired
6      Earth-2 #15.1 Desaad #1      Acquired
7      Green Arrow #23.1 Count Vertigo #1      Acquired
8      Green Lantern #23.1 Relic #1      On Order from LCS  Acquired
9      Justice League #23.1 Darkseid #1      On Order from LCS  Acquired
10      Justice League Dark #23.1 The Creeper #1      Acquired
11      Justice League of America #7.1 Deadshot #1      On Order from eBay  Acquired
12      Superman #23.1 Bizarro #1      On Order from eBay  Acquired
13      The Flash #23.1 Gorilla Grodd #1      On Order from LCS  Acquired

WEDNESDAY 9/11/13      
14      Action Comics #23.2 General Zod #1      Acquired
15      Aquaman #23.1 Black Manta #1      Acquired
16      Batman #23.2 The Riddler #1      In my monthly sub service from DCBS  Acquired
17      Batman and Robin #23.2 The Court of Owls #1      Acquired
18      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.2 Mr. Freeze #1      Acquired
19      Detective Comics #23.2 Harley Quinn #1      On Order from eBay  Acquired
20      Earth-2 #15.2 Solomon Grundy #1      Acquired
21      Green Lantern #23.2 Mongul #1      On Order from LCS  Acquired
22      Justice League #23.2 Lobo #1      On Order from LCS  Acquired
23      Justice League of America #7.2 Killer Frost #1      Acquired
24      Superman #23.2 Brainiac #1      Acquired
25      Teen Titans #23.1 Trigon #1      Acquired
26      The Flash #23.2 Reverse-Flash #1      Acquired

WEDNESDAY 9/18/13      
27      Action Comics #23.3 Lex Luthor #1   - Acquired    
28      Batman #23.3 The Penguin #1 - On order from LCS  Acquired      
29      Batman and Robin #23.3 Ra’s al Ghul and the League of Assassins #1 - On order from LCS  Acquired
30      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.3 Clayface #1 - Ordered on eBay  Acquired      
31      Detective Comics #23.3 The Scarecrow #1  - On order from LCS     Acquired   
32      Green Lantern #23.3 Black Hand #1    - On order from LCS  Acquired   
33      Justice League #23.3 Dial E #1 - Ordered on eBay - Acquired      
34      Justice League Dark #23.2 Eclipso #1 - Acquired      
35      Justice League of America #7.3 Shadow Thief #1 - On order from LCS  Acquired      
36      Superman #24.3 H’el #1   - Acquired       
37      Swamp Thing #23.1 Arcane #1   - Acquired       
38      Teen Titans #23.2 Deathstroke #1   - Acquired       
39      The Flash #23.3 The Rogues #1   - Acquired       
40      Wonder Woman #3.1 Cheetah #1   - Acquired       

WEDNESDAY 9/25/13      
41      Action Comics #23.4 Metallo #1 - Acquired      
42      Aquaman #23.2 Ocean Master #1 - Acquired      
43      Batman #23.4 Bane #1   - ordered from my LCS   
44      Batman and Robin #23.4 Killer Croc #1 - Acquired      
45      Batman/Superman #3.1 Doomsday #1 - Acquired      
46      Batman: The Dark Knight #23.4 The Joker’s Daughter #1 - Ordered on eBay      
47      Detective Comics #23.4 Man-Bat #1- ordered from my LCS      
48      Green Lantern #23.4 Sinestro #1   - ordered from my LCS      
49      Justice League #23.4 Secret Society of Super-Villians #1 - coming from DCBS     Acquired   
50      Justice League of America #7.4 Black Adam #1   - ordered from my LCS      
51      Superman #24.4 Parasite #1 - Acquired      
52      Wonder Woman #3.2 First Born #1       - Acquired
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:10:28 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »

1      Action Comics #23.1 Cyborg Superman #1      
6      Earth-2 #15.1 Desaad #1      
7      Green Arrow #23.1 Count Vertigo #1      

CYBORG SUPERMAN
This was a complete reimgination of the character.  The story in and of itself was decent enough but I don't think I like the characters new identity.  Makes the character seem petty and pathetic and that's not how I remember him from the past universe.  I might change my mind later but for now I like the Cyborg Superman from Geoff Johns Green Lantern arc better.

DESAAD
I never like DESAAD in the old world and this new one hasn't changed my mind.  That said, this issue was definately dark.  Had some disturbing moments in it as DESAAD makes people do some horrific things.  I'm not sure what the point of this issue was as I don't think I really learned anything about DESAAD other than he's trapped on Earth.

COUNT VETIGO
The best of the three I've read so far.  I'm seeing a trend as this story was also very dark.  I should expect no less from Jeff Lemure.  Very good issue.  A complete origin in flashback which brings his past and present together with a good, although very predictable, ending.  This actually got me interested in the new Green Arrow book and I might have to pick up a regular issue to see if it's also good.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:14:51 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »

Angry
Damn it, Jeff. You're gonna just make me read all these damn things just to compare notes now. Your expensive habit is starting to cost me time.
 Angry

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 02:14:05 AM »

DESAAD
I never like DESAAD in the old world and this new one hasn't changed my mind.  That said, this issue was definately dark.  Had some disturbing moments in it as DESAAD makes people do some horrific things.  I'm not sure what the point of this issue was as I don't think I really learned anything about DESAAD other than he's trapped on Earth.

With ya 101% here.
Not a character I was too familiar with to begin with, but this issue, even with its "fanboy ass-kissing" use of Kirby (Yes I get why, but still pointless use other than lip-service) still did nothing to make me want to read more about Desaad. I like the "pain" idea, but it was misused here more than once. Though I did like the scalpel scene.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:46 AM »

COUNT VETIGO
The best of the three I've read so far.  I'm seeing a trend as this story was also very dark.  I should expect no less from Jeff Lemure.  Very good issue.  A complete origin in flashback which brings his past and present together with a good, although very predictable, ending.  This actually got me interested in the new Green Arrow book and I might have to pick up a regular issue to see if it's also good.

Never read an issue with Count Vertigo, so I was coming into this totally cold, and while yes, this had a completely predictable ending, I also agree it was well done. I have always liked the denounced or rejected lord returning to claim what is his type of a story, so I fell into this easily enough.

Also a classic case of art fitting the tone and making the writing even better.

EDIT - would you pronounce his name as Zy (like eye) ler (like sir)? I am guessing, but it may be one of those odd Vlatavian type names I am mispronouncing.
 Grin

That said ...  now I am gonna have to wait on the Cyborg issue ... my boy Dave didn't bring me that one! Have to ask him if he even has it. He didn't bring me any of the 3D versions of these though, so I still have only seen a couple.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 02:48:56 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:11:52 AM »

Angry
Damn it, Jeff. You're gonna just make me read all these damn things just to compare notes now. Your expensive habit is starting to cost me time.
 Angry

Grin

Revenge!  Bwahahahahahahahaha!    Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 03:27:03 AM »

Never read an issue with Count Vertigo, so I was coming into this totally cold, and while yes, this had a completely predictable ending, I also agree it was well done. I have always liked the denounced or rejected lord returning to claim what is his type of a story, so I fell into this easily enough.

Also a classic case of art fitting the tone and making the writing even better.

EDIT - would you pronounce his name as Zy (like eye) ler (like sir)? I am guessing, but it may be one of those odd Vlatavian type names I am mispronouncing.
 Grin

That said ...  now I am gonna have to wait on the Cyborg issue ... my boy Dave didn't bring me that one! Have to ask him if he even has it. He didn't bring me any of the 3D versions of these though, so I still have only seen a couple.

I was really surprised as of almost all of the villain issues I had no interest in reading Count Vertigo.  Your spot on with how the art and writing combined to make this interesting.  Like you I didn't mind the predictable ending since the journey getting there was so....fun?

I pronounced Zyler same as you so if your wrong, I'm right there with ya.

It's too bad the 3D versions can't translate in a photograph.  They really are pretty impressive.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 01:54:48 AM »

Can't respond to Cyborg Supes. Dave no have.
 Embarrassed

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 05:24:38 AM »

CYBORG SUPERMAN
This was a complete reimgination of the character.  The story in and of itself was decent enough but I don't think I like the characters new identity.  Makes the character seem petty and pathetic and that's not how I remember him from the past universe.  I might change my mind later but for now I like the Cyborg Superman from Geoff Johns Green Lantern arc better.

NOT a fan of this re-imaging. If all of the new Superman universe must be intimately connected to him, I'm not going to be very interested in this new Man of Steel. As it is...I'm still rather uninterested in the world around him. Snyder is helping (and Unchained is the book that should have rolled off with the new launch, not what they actually did).

COUNT VETIGO

Of any character that needed a 'nu' treatment, it was GA. And this book by Lemure is great. Glad to be on board, glad to see this Ollie be something I can get behind, love the new Count treatment too! Great issue here!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »

Come on, Jeff. Waiting to see what book to read next  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »

Come on, Jeff. Waiting to see what book to read next  Grin

I read Creeper last night and will post on that one next.  Probably tonight when I get home from work.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »

I read Creeper last night and will post on that one next.  Probably tonight when I get home from work.

Pfffttt! Do it while you are at work. Come on man, priorities.  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »

10      Justice League Dark #23.1 The Creeper #1

CREEPER
First let me say, I thought the Creeper was a good guy?  I'm only vaguely familiar with the original but I'm not a big fan of this new one.  There were some interesting parts as we start out in Samurai times and there is an interesting link between Creeper and another character in the DCU (don't worry, not gonna spoil).  That's probably the only thing I really liked abut the book.  It looks like we're going to have a Bruce Banner/Hulk type relationship between Ryder and Creeper.  It has potential, I guess, but where I like Banner's Hulk, I'm not a fan of Ryder's Creeper.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:05:31 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »

Pfffttt! Do it while you are at work. Come on man, priorities.  Grin

How about during lunch?    Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS