HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:00:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ETERNAL WARRIOR  (Read 5260 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 13, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »

ISSUE #1

This was better than I expected, but at the same time, about what I expected. Want to find out
why the dog went all feral, but I suppose it was due to the mere presence of his daughter? Or the people outside?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »

I picked up the first 2 issues because I just got a level 5 hankerin' for a fantasy type comic, and well, "eternal warrior" seems to say a little something towards hack and slash fantasy for me. Cheesy

That said, I liked them well enough, and will tune in for a while to see how it progresses.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:59:28 PM »

Yeah, it deals with more ideology/barbarianism than true fantasy. Kinda close, and at the same time mirror opposites, to what his brother is doing with corruption/Freemasons over in his title.

(Hope you get a chance to flip through Valiants HARBINGER. Great stuff there)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »

I know it's been 4 issues, but I'm trusting in Pak, and I've really enjoyed each of the 4 issues I've read. That, and I'm a sucker for ancient mythologies and warring powers. and I really REALLY like guys hitting each other with swords. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:06:26 PM »

Really looking forward to see how Pak incorporates the year 4001 into this new Valiant universe as it was so much a part of the past Valiant line.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »

I'm enjoying this title a lot.  I'm also looking forward to the upcoming 4001 story arc.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »

There is the part of me that really wants to try new comics, but get afraid of the price tag, coming in raw, or seeing, well, underwhelming talent.

Eternal Warrior is one that I keep threatening to pass on...but I keep buying it.

And I really do enjoy it! I do! I don't know why I'm looking for a reason to pass it by, but it's Greg Pak, and even with only 5 issues, I'm super intrigued about why the earth needs a champion, or who the other factions are, etc.

My only gripe is that I wish that there was more content to chew over. But I enjoyed the first part of the Emperor Warrior story.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS