HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:40:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - September 11th  (Read 8889 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 10, 2013, 09:17:36 AM »

Week #2 in waiting ...

BATMAN #23.1 JOKER
BATMAN #23.2 RIDDLER
FANTASTIC FOUR #12
WALKING DEAD HC VOL 09 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:35:59 AM »

Same here....

FOREVER EVIL #1 (OF 7)
BATMAN #23.1 JOKER
INFINITY #2 (OF 6)
X-MEN BATTLE OF ATOM #1
ALL NEW X-MEN #16
X-FACTOR #262
BATMAN #23.2 RIDDLER
SIDEKICK #2 (MR)
WALKING DEAD #114 (MR)
X-MEN #5
KICK-ASS 3 #3 (OF 8 )

And picking up at he LCS tomorrow:

Archer and Armstrong 13 
Avengers 19 
East of West TPB  1
Eternal Warrior 1
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:40:23 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:50:08 PM »

Nice space on the 8 ) to avoid the Cool, Jeff  Wink

Is that the last stop at the LCS for your Valiant? After this you are caught up with DCBS?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

Yes it will be.  Ironically I'm already thinking of dropping again...but....darn it....I'm getting pulled in by the upcoming Sect War!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:50:34 PM »

I'm also afraid of going to the LCS today.  Those 3D covers are gonna be hard to resist.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »

What I got today:

DC Comics:
-Action Comics #23.2: Zod
-Justice League #23.2: Lobo
-Superman #23.2: Brainiac

Marvel Comics:
-X-Men #5 (Battle of the Atom)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 01:37:30 AM »

I'm also afraid of going to the LCS today.  Those 3D covers are gonna be hard to resist.

I knew I couldn't resist.

Came home with what I originally said:
Archer and Armstrong 13
Avengers 19
East of West TPB  1
Eternal Warrior 1

And also fell prey to the following 3D Covers:

ACTION COMICS 23.1  CYBORG SUPERMAN
ACTION COMICS 23.2  ZOD
AQUAMAN 23.1  BLACK MANTA
BATMAN & ROBIN 23.2 COURT OF OWLS
DARK KNIGHT 23.2  MR FREEZE
EARTH 2  15.1  DESAAD
EARTH 2 15.2  SOLOMON GRUNDY
FLAST 23.2  REVERSE FLASH
GREEN ARROW 23.1  COUNT VERTIGO
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK 23.1  CREEPER
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 7.2  KILLER FROST
SUPERMAN 23.2  BRAINIAC
TEEN TITANS 23.1  TRIGON

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »

Ouch.  Grin

They are pretty cool though, most of them, but I think I will just stick to the three I got (Though I may pick up the TWO-FACE one as that works really well)

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 03:18:41 AM »

Best looking lenticular covers I've ever seen on a comic. They look amazing.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »

The completest in me will now have to have them all.  Sigh.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:21 AM »

Between Mycomicshop.com and eBay I've picked up the rest of the 3D covers from week 1 & 2.  Dang I wish I would have bought that preorder bundle from DCBS.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 01:22:50 AM »

Would've been a hell of a lot cheaper for sure. Can't believe you went after them all.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 01:44:23 AM »

Would've been a hell of a lot cheaper for sure. Can't believe you went after them all.  Grin

And just re-read that post. Not the way I wanted that to come out. I am NOT joking you for doing so, just can't believe you did it.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 03:20:26 AM »

And just re-read that post. Not the way I wanted that to come out. I am NOT joking you for doing so, just can't believe you did it.
 Cheesy

Nope.  I read it the way you intended.  I really wish I had bought the Harley cover at DCBS.  It's already going for $20 on eBay.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:03 AM »

Well, look at it this way, had you ordered the bundle, you may have been more pissed. Due to DC's wonderful allocations, DCBS were sending emails out a month prior stating that all their orders may not be able to be filled. Not sure if it came down to that, as I know some of the people that ordered the bundle took the cheaper $2.99 (or $1.79 DCBS) offer for each regular cover (or bundle of that) instead.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS