HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:25:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superior Spider-Man Meets Spider-Man 2099  (Read 5711 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: September 06, 2013, 12:25:11 AM »

The first issue came out this week. What did everyone think?

I really liked it. It pulled me in from both Superior SM's and SM 2099's points-of-view. I'm also a sucker for time-travel stories. And the mention of Achemex and seeing SM 2099 swinging through his futuristic city really brought back memories of the Spider-Man 2099 series, which I followed through back-issues many years back. So I'm sure nostalgia had a lot to do with it. The art was also great looking. Both characters looked great.

And when did Liz Allen's kid go all Damien (The Omen). I also don't recall him ever having any kind of mind-reading or precognition powers.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:29:42 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:45:03 AM »

I've totally been digging these two issues out so far. I can read about Mig all day; I'm starting to get done with reading Ock. When Ock was trying to prove himself to Peter's memory; cool. But just reading Ock being Ock...screw that guy is what I'm saying. Let's read some Spider-man 2099 instead!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:37:22 AM »

this has been a great crossover...more spidey2099 please...now all i need is the return of rick leonardi Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »

My boy just dropped off the last three issues of this title for me. I flipped through the first one, read about 6 or 7 panels, and cursed my existence. I can see already that I will be adding this damn title and all the Slott that goes with it back on my pull. I knew I should have told him to just take them back. I just get too easily pulled into Spidey's world. What is this, my 6th time trying this title with Slott as writer? I love it for a few issues and then Slott pulls a "Slott" and I remove myself again. Wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just avoid it?
 Cheesy

Plus with this being a twice monthly comic ... and the soon to be released Batman weekly comic that I will be adding, my addition of just two titles to my pull will result in me buying 6 issues a month.
 Angry

Time to make some cuts

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:55:44 PM »

Yep, great story. It's the only one I told my comic shop to keep putting in my box after I stop getting the rest of my pre-orders.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »

Interesting ending, I'll say that much.

While all the 'events' that occur in SSM are really cool, the negatives of what Slott does do his characters is rather annoying on the surface; NO one deals at all with the emotional responses or fallouts of any situation.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »

While all the 'events' that occur in SSM are really cool, the negatives of what Slott does do his characters is rather annoying on the surface ...

Yes, I do have my issues with Slott for the same reasons, and more. That is what always scares me. History has proven I can't stay on his titles - THE THING (which I think I would've dropped anyway if it wasn't canceled) SHE-HULK (which everyone loved, but me apparently), SPIDEY (again, well received) and now SILVER SURFER, which ... man do I need to rethink that addition.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS