HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:07:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DETECTIVE COMICS  (Read 5010 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 01, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »

I picked up the Detective HC collecting the first 7 issues.  Really good stuff.  I've got issues 8, 9, and 10 and am ready to keep this title on the pull list.

Then I read this:

TONY DANIEL WRAPS "DETECTIVE" RUN, BUT WHO FOLLOWS?
Fri, June 29th, 2012 at 12:19pm PDT | Updated: June 29th, 2012 at 12:25pm

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=39465&page=article

Bummer since this is really good.  I'll have to wait and see who the new creative team is but if it's Hurwitz I don't think I'll be adding this after all.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »

Yeah, as you know, not a fan of Horrorwitz myself, but I think he is taking over DARK KNIGHT.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »

John Layman (Chew) and Jason Fabok (The Dark Knight) are the new writer and artist of Detective Comics starting with October's thirteenth issue.

I liked Layman's Chew and he's going to focus on the crime organizations of Gotham.  Interest is perked but haven't committed myself yet.....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »

Same here, as far as interest (Not on Chew). Sadly ... I don't know. Still trying to cut, but I like the artist and Layman. Going to be a spur of the moment decision for me. Hopefully on the 'pass' side, but I feel a hair growing in the nether regions.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »

ISSUE #13

Not the bang I was hoping for. Story was not bad, the art was not bad, but ... nothing really grabbed me either. If I wasn't trying to cut the titles, I would probably stay on for a few more issue's (and in fact getting issue 14 as I per-ordered it already), but as it is, kinda glad nothing 'WOW'd me.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »

I think that's normal for Layman - takes an issue or two to suck you in.  I'm sticking through the Death of the Family cross over then I'll decide if I'm staying on or not.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »

Looks like I may be coming back to this title, again, now that the FLASH creative team is moving over to Detective. Yes, Manapul's and Buccellato's art and coloring is enough to bring me back here, even though the writing was just okay over in Flash. I like Bats more, so I am thinking (hoping) I will enjoy them more here.

Again, FLASH was not a bad book to me, it just didn't wow me, either. But here, on a Bat book, I think that could happen.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:33:23 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS