HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:51:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Poll
Question: What Is Your Favorite Non-DC/Marvel Comic Movie?
The Crow - 1 (25%)
Sin City - 0 (0%)
300 - 0 (0%)
Road to Perdition - 0 (0%)
Spawn - 0 (0%)
The Mask - 0 (0%)
Red - 1 (25%)
Wanted - 0 (0%)
30 Days of Night - 0 (0%)
Other (Please List) - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Non-DC/Marvel Comic Movie?  (Read 4196 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: August 08, 2013, 05:15:18 AM »

What Is Your Favorite Non-DC/Marvel Comic Movie?

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:15:49 AM »

For me it's The Crow. The movie had an amazing look, atmosphere, and general feel to it. And the soundtrack complemented it perfectly. It was a great story, with a fantastic style to it; just like a good comic book should be. And it had some good action, to boot.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »

Hell, you could almost put RED and WANTED in a category by themselves - What Is You Favorite Comic Movie Barely Based On The Comic At All
 Cheesy

Hard one for me to answer, but my favorite would be OLDBOY. That movie was so intense and brutal (both physically in the film and emotionally in the viewers mind) and it led me into buying the complete "Vengeance Trilogy" (3 movies from same director) which contains perhaps my favorite film of all time, SYMPATHY FOR MR. VENGEANCE (If you have not seen SFMV, you are missing out on one of the best movies, EVER!!!  Wink)

OLDBOY is now being remade by Spike Lee (which scares me) and stars Josh Brolin (which makes me happy), but I just don't see how it can be as good or effective as the original movie. Just not sure American audiences are ready for this movie.
 Cheesy

I also really enjoy FROM HELL (for the idea) and of course MEN IN BACK (for the fun, silliness)

SPAWN has to be the one that let me down the most, however. I liked most people involved (McFarlane slightly aside Cheesy) and the final product was just a huge disappointment  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 02:00:32 AM »

I went with RED because I loved that movie.  Of course, I never read the comic.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »

Hellboy. Love the movies, hate the comic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS