HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:54:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Woman wear  (Read 9010 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 25, 2013, 01:58:22 PM »

With DC starting the process of incorporating more heroes together in movies, to set-up for their mega JLA flick, I started wondering (ha) about Wonder Woman. There is no way, that I can see, that DC will/can have a JLA movie with Wonder Woman in her current and fan favorite swim suit style costume. That kinda "get up" will just not work on the screen.

So, should DC try again at making W.W a girl with pants? Even though they tried at the onset of DC's NEW 52, the backed off having her in pants due to fan outcry (not always a great idea, listening to the fans), but with the movie coming out, should they reset her now to be more movie/non-fan friendly ALA what they did with Super-Pooper and his red underwear?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:00:35 AM »

explain to me why wonder woman's swimsuit won't work....

not being sarcastic, just wanna know your thoughts....

i think it could.... Grin

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »

Just found this today....the perfect Wonder Woman movie costume.....not pants....ugh

This is how Hollywood should go if they do Wonder Woman.

Anything less would be inferior....

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/08/28/incredible-warrior-wonder-woman-cosplay-pics/

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »

I like.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »

explain to me why wonder woman's swimsuit won't work....

Because it is a swim-suit.  Wink It makes no sense for her to wear it. Yes, it doesn't look bad in comics, but on the big screen things are magnified. Same reason you don't see Hawkeye wearing his purple costume in AVENGERS. Hell, I even loved seeing Caps bright uniform (costume) in AVENGERS, but it was glaringly out of place, and they even toned it down some.

The image you linked is a perfect example of why the swimsuit will not work. That is a great movie suit.  Smiley 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:09:16 PM »

The swimsuit worked for Linda Carter.  Worked well.  Yum.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »

The swimsuit worked for Linda Carter.  Worked well.  Yum.

Grin
No it didn't. Even back them it looked like a chick running around in a swim-suit. You were just too young to notice and too male to care.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »

Okay DC, the time has come, take your major female character out of that damn swimsuit. It is time.

Put Wonder Woman in pants.

That is what I want when/if DC does do another Crisis. For the star woman in the DC universe, the one that most young girls will naturally look to, to actually look like a heroic star and not some woman on the walkway during the swimsuit competition. It is just stupid looking.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:42:04 PM »

Put Wonder Woman in pants.

They tried that already.  Didn't work.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

No, they didn't let it work.

Let me ask you something, Jeff. As a father ... let's say down the line your 14 year old wants to go to another Con with you and this time she wants to go as Wonder Woman. Are you gonna like her strutting around a comic Convention in that WW strapless top bathing suit that you just posted? Probably not I'm thinking.
 Wink

Let me ask another thing, is it really that bad, that wrong, that unjust for her to wear pants like in two of the images below?  

I mean that looks sweet.
 Smiley

I see nothing wrong with these looks on the left and right of center, in fact, they are 1,000,000 times better than the one in the middle. They just look better. Don't they?
 Undecided

EDIT - Edited picture size
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:14:57 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »

I like the one on the right.  Still like the classic one better. 

And no, I would not let my kid wear that.  But I don't mind someone else's legal age daughter wearing it.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 01:48:56 AM »

But I don't mind someone else's legal age daughter wearing it.  Grin

Grin
Im sure you don't. But that is another point. How can we be so happy about seeing all the kids dressed as lil Batman or lil Wolverine and know that we can't have a lil WW? That alone tells me that the swimsuit should not be the costume anymore. You put pants and a shirt/top that has a strap and suddenly girls ... little girls ... can start dressing as this very powerful female character. I think that would be a good thing.

I'm not trying to be a prude, I love scantly clad hot chicks, but I think that our little ones or mid little ones should be able to dress up as heroes from the big two. All I'm saying.

I mean, can't we leave the google eyes to the Top Cow and Grimm Fairy Tales women?  Cheesy

But I'm not trying to say that is the only reason I want her with pants on, I just think the other, current, classic or whatever costume is just dated as hell. Same as Supes with underwear. Yes, characters sometimes look better with ludicrous outfits (Hawkeye, Havok, Electro and the like) but times change. And therein lies the problemy I thinky  Wink ... comic fans HATE change more than anything.
 Cheesy

And why, since DC reset everything, is Wonder Woman dressed in American flag motif anyway? I mean in red and white with a blue bottom with stars all over her pants? For an Amazon/Greek Goddess? She should be in blue and white with little plus signs all over her costume if anything. Ya know, the Greek flag.
 Grin Wink

THIS should be Wonder Woman (thanks to deviantart)
(and yes, I would still prefer pants over that long loin cloth looking thing, but still better than just the swimsuit)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:51:12 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

They tried that already.  Didn't work.

Let's be honest; they didn't try very well.

That design was ####ing terrible. There's a reason that Superboy stopped wearing that coat and threw it away for Hilfiger pants and a Tee. Because that was today's style!

WW looking like a back up dancer to Paula Abdul or a girlfriend from a Prince video from 1987 was ridiculous-the jacket, down the bracers that then looked like a series of stupid snap-bracelets that fell down to the wrist (that Jim Lee put BACK into all his Nu52 designs-ugh!!!)

If they would have simply made the pants into a full leggings and bodice body suit, with the red bustier as an armor homage to her Greek roots, that I could take.

I think the only I want, stupid as it is, is bare shoulders and upper profile. Stupid for armor/protection, but at one point, her gifts used to include beauty from Aphrodite, so why shouldn't she look/feel beautiful and loving?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »

WW looking like a back up dancer to Paula Abdul....

Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS