HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:00:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - June 12  (Read 6099 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 12, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »

Building up for my next shipment:

MARVEL
ALL NEW X-MEN #12 NOW 
CABLE AND X-FORCE #9 NOW 
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #3 NOW 
KICK-ASS 3 #1 (OF Cool (MR) 
NEW AVENGERS #6 NOW 
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #9 NOW 
X-FACTOR #257 

VALIANT
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG  #10
HARBINGER WARS  #3 (OF 4)
SHADOWMAN  #0
SHADOWMAN  #7

MORNING GLORIES #27 (MR) 
WALKING DEAD #111 (MR) 

Picking up today at my LCS:

Batman 21
Superman Unchained 1 - Dangit.  I've just got to see what Scott Snyder and Jim Lee can do together.
Aphrodite IX   2 - MAYBE picking this up.  I didn't get #1 as it was a Free Comic Book day giveaway so I'm irritated that I would have to start out with issue 2.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »

DC Comics:
-Batman #21 (Year Zero)
-Green Lantern Corps #21
-Masters of the Universe: Origin of Hordak #1
-Superman Unchained #1

Marvel Comics:
-Guardians of the Galaxy #3
-Thor: God of Thunder #9

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »

Batman 21
Superman Unchained 1 - Dangit.  I've just got to see what Scott Snyder and Jim Lee can do together.
Aphrodite IX   2 - MAYBE picking this up.  I didn't get #1 as it was a Free Comic Book day giveaway so I'm irritated that I would have to start out with issue 2.

LCS was sold out of Superman Unchained.  They're getting more today so I'll have to go back by.  Now that I couldn't get it I want it bad.   Grin

Aphrodite IX 2 - I flipped through it and decided to pass.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:45:15 PM »

Batman 21

LCS was sold out of Superman Unchained.  They're getting more today so I'll have to go back by.  Now that I couldn't get it I want it bad.   Grin

Aphrodite IX 2 - I flipped through it and decided to pass.

Just wait a couple weeks and Barnes and Noble will probably have it.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:07:27 PM »

LCS had it restocked today.  Sooooooo........

Picked up Superman Unchained #1

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »

LCS had it restocked today.  Sooooooo........

Picked up Superman Unchained #1

Did you get that weird folded-up page in yours? What was the point of that, it wasn't even like a full-splash page or anything.

And was yours very crappily glued it? Mine won't stay in place and just falls out after unfolding it to simply read it (and it had a bit of text on it).

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 03:30:33 AM »

I came on here to ask that very question.  I haven't torn it apart to read it yet. I wish I had known or I would have bought two copies.   Angry
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:39:57 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 03:38:38 AM »

Ok.  I managed to get it open without tearing anything and it stayed in the comic.  Cool poster size page and I read it then carefully folded it back so the glue reapplied.  It's possible to read and put back without damage but you have to be very careful.

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 06:07:50 AM »

Ok.  I managed to get it open without tearing anything and it stayed in the comic.  Cool poster size page and I read it then carefully folded it back so the glue reapplied.  It's possible to read and put back without damage but you have to be very careful.

The glue won't stick back on, for me. And it looks it was originally glued by a Kindegardener.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »

Just a way to showcase Lee's art in an industry standard, old school, pre-published size. The value of the book will not change having opened it ... for now. It is like Marvel's little sticky piece that covers their digital code. The value does not decrease once that has been removed or this poster (that is suppose to be read) is opened. It can still be a NM copy.

However, my concern is (having not received my issue yet)  if you can remove the glue totally from the 'poster'. I have a feeling that leaving it on the page may cause problems later by 'sealing', resulting in not being able to open the poster at all.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but its rubber cement. The same kind that "glues" your credit card to the paper it comes on in the mail.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:22:39 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but its rubber cement. The same kind that "glues" your credit card to the paper it comes on in the mail.

Ah, well I always pull the glue off those ... just to play around with and flick "boogers" at my grand-kids  Cheesy, so hopefully I can remove it from the poster as well. Hopefully there is enough gloss on the paper to do so.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:22:56 PM by Jeff » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS