HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:11:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Comic Films Do You Want To See That Haven't Been Done Yet?  (Read 3318 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

Well, what do you guys think?

There's the obvious elephant in the room: The Justice League of America. Why the hell haven't we seen even a good attempt at making this film yet? With comic films being a huge money-maker at the box-office the last few years, and DC Comics being owned by Warner Bros.; this obvious cash-in seems like a no-brainer. And what comic fan doesn't want to see this?

Namor, for sure. That would be a bad-ass film, as long it has good fight scenes and the guy playing Namor can pull off arrogant well.

I also want to see Apocalypse in an X-Men film. Preferably the Age of Apocalypse storyline. But I can see the whole alternate universe thing getting a bit confusing for movie audiences. I'd settle for just the X-Men vs. Apocalypse film without the Age of Apocaypse stuff and still be happy.

And I want to see Captain Marvel, but I want to see Mar-Vell, not Carol Danvers. Put him in the middle of the Kree/Skrull War.

Oh, and how cool would an Invaders film set in the WWII era be? Captain America, the Original Human Torch, the Sub-Mariner, and The Blazing Skull vs. Hydra led by the original Baron Zemo!

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »

i agree with JLA.  I would also like to see films for power man and iron fist, an xmen film with colossus as a major role player (and battling the brood), a shazam (captain marvel) film and a kick ass JSA film where they battle the Nazis in WWII.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:13:59 AM »

i dont know what DCs issue is re their films...it just seems, besides Batman and Superman the studio (Warners) just doesnt trust the source material.  i believe now that DC has its own studio this will improve and we'll see comic talent being more involved in the construction of the films (the new Marvel Method). While i didnt dislike Green Lantern it missed the mark and didnt have the impact of even the worst of the Marvel films (your millage may vary)

As for new films...i love to see some of the odd ball sci fi concepts realized:

Alien Legion...the 1st 6 or so issues were fantastic and would translate to file well and with the current tech realizing the different races is possible

I'd also like to see StrikeForce Moritori translated to film....i really like the concept of powers with consequences and a finite lifespan and character reason for accepting the process.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS