HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:19:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What T.V. Shows Do You Want To See Rebooted?  (Read 5490 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: May 07, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »

I'd love to see a new Star Trek series, more than anything. It's been too long since Enterprise was cancelled, and the movies more than prove there is still plenty of life left in the franchise.

The sci-fi genre in general is really lacking on T.V. at the moment. I'd be happy with any decent sci-fi show. I know there's Defiance on right now, but that really hasn't wowed me. And CW's shows aren't really sci-fi at all, they're just teen romance disguised as such.

A reboot of Sliders would be cool to see, too. I loved that show while FOX was still carrying it, it had such a cool sense of exploration and discovery, and had a great cast. After the Sci-Fi Channel took over, though, the show sharply declined in quality and we lost John-Rhys Davies and Jerry O'Connel, the 2 best cast members.

I'd also love to see some GOOD DC Comics cartoons return. Cartoon Network's decision to cancel Green Lantern and Young Justice for the kiddie-version of Teen Titans is unforgivable. If I could have my dream, just make DC Nation a 2-hour block, and bring back Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Superman TAS, and Justice League Unlimited with all-new episodes. But that will probably never happen.

Oh, how about bringing back G4/TechTV Icons? Best video game T.V. show, EVER, IMO. Such a cool and entertaining way to learn about the history of the gaming industry. And there were still many subjects and franchises left unexplored by that show.

The return of Headbanger's Ball on MTV would be fantastic, as well. I'm a huge metal-head, and this was the best show on T.V. to see the latest metal videos, see interviews with bands, and the latest going-ons in the topsy-turvy world of metal.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:31:36 AM »

Firefly of course.

On a side note - Morena Baccarin said at the Dallas SciFi Expo last February that Joss Wheden is shopping around a Firefly return series.  No idea if any networks are interested but I sure would be.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »

Thundarr the Barbarian.

The Bionic Woman and yeah I know NBC tried it just a few years back with bad results.  That being said I still believe the idea could/should still work.  So I guess I'm asking for a re-reboot.  Tongue

Spectacular Spider-Man.  Not going to happen with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon around, but I'd at least like to see some direct-to-DVD movies from it wrapping everything up.

Even though Batman: Brave and the Bold is over I'd have the creators of that reboot the Hanna-Barbarra super heroes on one show: Space Ghost (used in a BBATB ep), Birdman, The Galaxy Trio, The Herculoids etc.

Galaxy High.

Maybe The Rockford Files

That's all I've got right now.  Good topic.

A reboot of Sliders would be cool to see, too. I loved that show while FOX was still carrying it, it had such a cool sense of exploration and discovery, and had a great cast. After the Sci-Fi Channel took over, though, the show sharply declined in quality and we lost John-Rhys Davies and Jerry O'Connel, the 2 best cast members.

Agreed.  When Sliders episodes became more about the science fiction and less about the different cultures each dimension had it bored me more and more.

The return of Headbanger's Ball on MTV would be fantastic, as well. I'm a huge metal-head, and this was the best show on T.V. to see the latest metal videos, see interviews with bands, and the latest going-ons in the topsy-turvy world of metal.

I'd be into this and 120 Minutes.
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »

I'd love to see a Thundar remake! That was such a cool, and comic book-ish cartoon.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »

love to see a return of Sam Becket and Quantum Leap.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 03:22:19 AM »

love to see a return of Sam Becket and Quantum Leap.

Oh yeah!  Loved this show!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 04:28:30 PM »

manimal.  done right.

firefly
star trek
tales of the gold monkey

EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »

manimal.  done right.

Here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL6-J1QX9QA

Enjoy.  Wink

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:34:22 PM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS