HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:15:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: March Pre-Orders - Whatcha gettin'?  (Read 6230 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 10, 2013, 10:21:50 PM »

And the list is starting to grow smaller !!!!

BATMAN #20

AVENGERS #11 NOW
AVENGERS #12 NOW
FANTASTIC FOUR #8 NOW
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #3 NOW
HAWKEYE #11
NEW AVENGERS #6 NOW
NOVA #4 NOW
THANOS RISING #2 (OF 5) NOW
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #8 NOW

***Valiant Bundle*** *Special Discount* $11.97
*ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #0
*SHADOWMAN #0
*BLOODSHOT #11
*HARBINGER #12
*HARBINGER WARS #2
*X-O MANOWAR #13

Also saw how the next DAREDEVIL is a $3.99 book. Yes, it has more pages, but I think that is just a cushion for it to become a $3.99 book with regular page count after-wards. Marvel sees it is a hot item, time to jump the price. HAWKEYE is next I bet ... or I could be totally wrong on this idea.
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 12:21:17 AM »

DC Comics:
-Earth 2
-Green Lantern
-Green Lantern Corps
-Green Lantern: New Guardians
-Justice League

Marvel Comics:
-Age of Ultron
-Fantastic Four
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-New Avengers
-Thanos Rising
-Thor: God of Thunder
-Uncanny Avengers

I almost got the Iron Man mini-series that takes place during Armor Wars II. But I haven't actually read the original Armor Wars II storyline (which so happens to be high on my wishlist right now), so I didn't want to spoil anything and decided against it.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »

I got sucked into adding 3 titles back - Cable & X-Force, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Legion of Super Heroes.

Cable because I'm enjoying the the title (despite the giant robot hand) so I figured why not keep reading something I'm enjoying.  Guardians of the Galaxy because I love these characters and I liked the 0.1 issue. Iron Man being on the team may ultimately cause me drop it because he really doesn't belong with these characters but I'll see how it goes.  Legion of Super Heroes only because I want to see the Fatal Five.  Once that arc is finished I'll re-evaluate.

I did go ahead and drop Bedlam.  The first couple of issues had a lot of punch but the issues since have really lost my interest.

With Comeback ending and no Fatale solicited I got a little room back so the impact only raised me up to $35.00.

MARVEL - 7 TITLES / 8 ISSUES
ALL NEW X-MEN #11 NOW
CABLE AND X-FORCE #8 NOW
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #3 NOW
KICK-ASS 3 #1 (OF 8 )
NEW AVENGERS #6 NOW
THOR GOD OF THUNDER #8 NOW
X-FACTOR #255
X-FACTOR #256

DC COMICS - 1 TITLE
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #20

IMAGE COMICES - 2 TITLES
MORNING GLORIES #27
WALKING DEAD #110

VALIANT COMICES - 6 TITLES
HARBINGER WARS #02
HARBINGER #12
X-O MANOWAR #13
ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #0
BLOODSHOT #11
SHADOWMAN #0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:23:19 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »

after some issues with dcbs....I finally got my order done.

king conan:hour of the dragon #1
star wars #5
walking dead #110
doomsday .1 #1
star trek #21
conan #16
dark tower: gunslinger: evil ground #1 and 2 (missed #1 the first go around...)
Godzilla #13
kiss solo #3
last zombie: the end #4
popete classics #10
the lone ranger #17
back issue #65
Donald duck HC vol 1: castles secret

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 02:19:57 PM »

I almost got the Iron Man mini-series that takes place during Armor Wars II.

Took a lot for me not to add that. But luckily, I fought through the desire.

Guardians of the Galaxy because I love these characters and I liked the 0.1 issue.

Did you read the new NOVA? I know, much like myself, the Loeb name on the title probably scared you off, but -
A) It is good. Not like most of the recent books with that name on it  Grin
B) It is gonna tie into the GotG books pretty heavily
C) Loeb is already off the book  Grin

I had no intention of getting it, but after reading my boy Dave's copy, I added it right away.

Uh-Oh. This has peeked my curiosity. I have never had ANY issues with them. Something interesting happen?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:22:37 PM »

Uh-Oh. This has peeked my curiosity. I have never had ANY issues with them. Something interesting happen?

it is partly my fault, but it just irks me that every other company I have used has had the ability to add "previews" to my pull list.  I can't count the number of times I forget to go back and add it on dcbs.  I get my order and no previews, so I have to go back and check and sure enough, I forgot it.  then, I have to email them and wait for a response which usually comes pretty quick (within a day or 2) but not this time.  it also irks me that there is no number I can call and physically speak to someone.  by the time it was resolved, there wasn't enough time to get my order in before the deadline if they shipped it to me so they sent me a digital copy. 

so, I then sent them an email with these 2 gripes and supposedly I have the ability to add previews now, but when I tried to do it there were about 50 previews to choose from that went back 2 years or so. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 02:09:54 AM »

it is partly my fault ...

Partly?  Grin

I get what you're saying however. That part of their pull list did suck. I stopped getting Previews because I don't need it now, but the one way I solved it before was every time I placed an order, I made sure to check out the "SPECIALS" for the month because Previews was always in there for $1.12. Plus I could possibly find a 75% off special of a book I wanted to try.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »

it is partly my fault ...

Partly?  Grin

I get what you're saying however. That part of their pull list did suck. I stopped getting Previews because I don't need it now, but the one way I solved it before was every time I placed an order, I made sure to check out the "SPECIALS" for the month because Previews was always in there for $1.12. Plus I could possibly find a 75% off special of a book I wanted to try.

I say partly because it really annoyed me that it took so long to get the response and that they don't have a customer service number that I can call.  both of these factors have me considering a switch.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »

I say partly because it really annoyed me that it took so long to get the response and that they don't have a customer service number that I can call.  both of these factors have me considering a switch.

Wow. Sorry you had such problems. I have never had any problems with them. Can't beat their pricing ... anywhere that I have found (not that I've looked too hard) so they have me until one of those factors change.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS