HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:02:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 2 (Animated)  (Read 3562 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« on: March 02, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »

Just finished watching this last night. Pretty dang good. Much better than the first part, which I felt was far too drawn out and got boring. This one was action packed. And it had not 1, but 2 amazing gritty fights between an old-man Batman and The Joker, and Batman and Superman.

And for those, like me, that didn't appreciate Frank Miller's artwork in the original graphic novel, thankfully it has the normal DC Animated movie quality to it.

The Joker's voice seemed off, though. I guess I've just been spoiled for too long by Mark Hammil's portrayal.

It's available on Netflix, that's where I got it. Check it out.

Anyone else watch it? What are your thoughts on it?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »

I haven't watched part 2, as part 1 just highlighted how dated the story had become. If it was an actual movie, we would be showcasing how horrible the special effects are and how trite and cookie cutter the "bad-guys" are. "Oh no, its the Mutants!". It is a pretty bad story, though my memory tells me the book is otherwise. I just found it a chore to get through part 1.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS