HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:59:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW AVENGERS  (Read 5271 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 09, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »

ISSUES 1, 2 and 3

As disjointed as I found AVENGERS, this title is the exact opposite.

Although I thought it was the F4, I was mistaken. This is the title Hickman was born to write.
That is all I am saying.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »

I'm really liking this series, too. I like seeing the interaction between everyone. And the alternate-realities being destroyed is really reminiscent of Crisis on Infinite Earths. However, it feels as if this story should be bigger. That this should be something that the rest of the Avengers are involved in. I wonder when they're gonna get to that moment when they realize they have crossed the line. It's crazy to see even Black Panther contemplating what he is contemplating.

One big mistake, though. How is the Infinity Gauntlet even in play? At the end of the Infinity Gauntlet mini-series, the higher powers of the Marvel Universe (Eon, Infinity, The Stranger, Galactus, etc.) made it so the Infinity Gems could be used individually, but could never again come together to form the Infinity Gauntlet. I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point though, since it was destroyed at the end of the last issue.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »

One big mistake, though. How is the Infinity Gauntlet even in play? At the end of the Infinity Gauntlet mini-series, the higher powers of the Marvel Universe (Eon, Infinity, The Stranger, Galactus, etc.) made it so the Infinity Gems could be used individually, but could never again come together to form the Infinity Gauntlet.

Magus reversed this action in INFINITY WAR

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 11:18:14 PM »

One big mistake, though. How is the Infinity Gauntlet even in play? At the end of the Infinity Gauntlet mini-series, the higher powers of the Marvel Universe (Eon, Infinity, The Stranger, Galactus, etc.) made it so the Infinity Gems could be used individually, but could never again come together to form the Infinity Gauntlet.

I should have realized this considering Infinity War is one of my favorite Marvel stories, but it's been a very long time since I've read those.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »

I should have realized this considering Infinity War is one of my favorite Marvel stories, but it's been a very long time since I've read those.

Understandable. There are tons of stuff to remember  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

What did everyone think about the infinity gauntlets fate an the ending of this months issue?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »

(Haven't read it yet)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS